• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co
    The unfortunate part is that that department probably only got around $200 for the trade in. If your looking for a Sig they would be ok. Better than paying $$$ for new.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The unfortunate part is that that department probably only got around $200 for the trade in. If your looking for a Sig they would be ok. Better than paying $$$ for new.

Depends on what and who they traded for/with. I'm sure Phylo or some of the others around here know more about this, but I have heard (again, not 1st hand, so looking to hear from others on this) that some manufacturers offer very good trade ins to switch brands, especially for good sized departments.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It is interesting that you see a lot of DAK Sigs on trade-in deals. CDNN etc... And mostly is seems they are in 40.
    That's because most were made in .40/DAKbortion to appeal to law enforcement agencies. I've never actually met someone who had one that likes the DAKbortion trigger.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Depends on what and who they traded for/with. I'm sure Phylo or some of the others around here know more about this, but I have heard (again, not 1st hand, so looking to hear from others on this) that some manufacturers offer very good trade ins to switch brands, especially for good sized departments.

There is truth to what you've heard. The manufacturers care about what % of the LE market is carrying their pistols and they are willing to make some sacrifices to increase that percentage.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The listing shows DAO and DAK. Are they the same? Owned 226s and 229s but stayed away from the DAKs.

They are not the same. DAO has same heavy trigger pull each time. DAK has two pull weights depending on where you let the trigger reset.

Top Bottom