• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    510Picker, On assumption your wife may be a new shooter: just my opinion but you may want to start with the larger revolver first. The LCR even with just 38 special can be snappy on recoil, especially for new shooter. Hope you have a great time at the range.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    510Picker, On assumption your wife may be a new shooter: just my opinion but you may want to start with the larger revolver first. The LCR even with just 38 special can be snappy on recoil, especially for new shooter. Hope you have a great time at the range.

She is a new shooter. They didn't have a larger revolver available to rent, so I didn't rent anything. We shot my 9E and LC9s. After shooting those two, she understood what I was telling her about the differences between shooting a large and small frame firearm in the same caliber. She shot the 9E much, much better than the LC9s. I think she would do the same with large and small frame revolvers.

Point Blank has two separate ranges with 10 lanes each. They placed us in lane 10 and there was only one other couple shooting and they were on lane 1. By the time we got set up, two other shooters came in and were placed in lanes 8 and 9. With my wife being a new shooter, she was a little jumpy every time they shot. It made it harder to give instructions to her, but she finally calmed down and started hitting the target. The guys next to us only rented for a half hour and we had an hour, so they were soon gone, but not long after they left a guy came in and started shooting an AR in the lane next us. The loud AR brought my wife's flinch back.

I stepped back and looked down the shooting line and the place was empty except for us and the guy next to us. Why would they put someone in the lane right next to us when the place was empty? At that point, my wife said she was finished, so we packed up and left. I don't plan on taking her back to shoot there again. Am I wrong to think they should pay better attention to the lanes they assign?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    First handgun I ever shot was a S&W md 66 in a basement gun range in Chicago. My uncle's old duty piece. Hooked at age 5.

With all this talk of S&Ws, I decided to take my S&W 66 to the range this morning and run a bunch of ammo through it. What a nice way to spend a morning.

Top Bottom