• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bought three cz75 Czech police turn ins. Cleaned, sand blasted, duracoated, cajun gunworks sears, Wolff springs and some night sights. Sweet pistols. Bbls were fine and functioned fine b4 the tune up. Just wanted better. Was a good place to start.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    My experience with police trade-ins has been very positive. As stated several times above, don't expect a safe queen. Holster wear is the norm with pistols but all of the ones I have bought had great internals and functioned flawlessly. The last pistol I bought was not advertised as such but showed up with Trijicon night sights. The one that I wish I had back was a Smith & Wesson 439 police trade-in that I picked up in the late 80's.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Dprimm I got a Gen 2 G-17 in great shape from 21st Cent Firearms in Bluffton back in OCT 14, I think they have a new store name in the same spot, PM HexTula, a member here he should know, they had Gen 2 and 3 G-22's and 17's.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If it's the Beretta platform... you'll want to inspect the locking block on your own anyhow. That's a well known failure point on those pistols. Thankfully easy to replace.

'inspecting' it won't tell you anything other than whether it's one of the updated blocks (good to go) or one of the old style (should be replaced).

I bought a circa 1990 police trade in back in 2001. It had the old style block in it. The block lasted about 10k before breaking. The replacement lasted another ~100k rounds. Then the barrel lugs sheared cracking the frame rails. what a POS.

-rvb

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    The place I got the LE Trade in is now called Preppers I think in (previously 21st Century) still in Bluffton, I have no clue whats in stock as I have not been back since I got my 2 Gen G-17 there in October 14.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    in the mid-90s and for some stupid reason (likely running my yap) I did not do the dime test on the gun.

Bought it and discovered I needed to replace the firing pin!

Sorry but I have to ask......What is the dime test???????????

Fully explained here.

A Revolver-Buyer?s Checklist | The Sixgun Journal

I had to look it up, too. When the experts speak, it is a good time to learn. I thought some would appreciate the details on doing the dime test. It is toward middle of the inspection checklist, but one can learn a great deal reading the entire document.

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    Most trade ins are completely rebuilt internally by a armor, I know for sure most sigs are completely rebuilt before trade in, so its just cosmedics and for that you can send it to sig and they will even recoat it for you.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I bought a Glock 21, Gen. 2.5, police trade in, at a gun show. The guy had a bunch of them, my pick, $399. I should have bought two.
    only things I did was take out the 8lb. NY spring and replaced the guide rod with a SS guide rod & spring. That was my 1st Glock, still have it.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    One of the best buys I've had was a Sig P229 with night sights, 3 mags and a level 3 holster for $312. Very good condition with a little holster wear.

Top Bottom