Police Trade-Ins, where can they be found?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodcox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Westside of Indy
    I am looking for a used police issue glock or even better, a sig. Does anyone have an idea as to where I could find something like this locally by chance? And if not locally, some website ideas.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Summit Gun Brokers is a good web option.. They usually have several different options..

Nobody in my area (Lafayette Metro) does anything like that, but I'd think someone in Indianapolis might..

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    class 3 sales up north here in New Carlisle has a p226 police trade in, factory refurbished deal, I think they wanted 550 for it. it looked like it would shoot well, it had some scuffs but it is a w. german

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Wouldn't a police trade-in typically be kinda worn out?
    I don't know...just asking, but seems to me most departments would target shoot and train quite a bit to keep sharp.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Generally, they are carried a lot but shot a little. The Smiths and Walthers that have come through lately have been in exceedingly good shape. Some finish wear from being in and out of the retention holster, but mechanically excellent and night sights still bright.

When Indiana State Police traded "down" from the G22 to the G17 a year or two ago, all those guns went into the secondary market; most of them had been fired very little if at all, due to the short time they were in actual service.

seems to me most departments would target shoot and train quite a bit to keep sharp.

IME, it's not nearly as much as one might think (or hope!). Most cops aren't "gun guys" and only shoot as much as the department MAKES them, which is typically 2-4 times a year at qualifications or in-services.

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I don't know...just asking, but seems to me most departments would target shoot and train quite a bit to keep sharp.

My Police Trade G22 looks worn out. The slide is silver in places. The barrel is well used. It still shoot better than me. I don't know how many rounds they put through it, but I've put over 5k. I've dropped a possum at 70 yards with it, one shot. Still a good shot and a good bargain. But I wish it was a 23. :D

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    My roommate got a police issued Beretta 96 at the gun show, was even set with de-cock only, state police grips, trijicon three dot night sights and all! Check it out next time

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If your Military (Active, Reserve, or Retired), LEO or Fireman Glock has a pretty substantial discount for new ones. You must go though the regional LEO Glock dealer.

Top Bottom