• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Not sure which category is best, so I'm posting this under self defense.

Saw "police women of Cincinnati" on Discovery on Thursday night. Two female officers responded to a complaint of a loud party with underage drinking. They knock on the door - no answer. They knock harder, and yell "we can see you in there". You can see that they are putting dents in the metal front door. Finally, two young men open the door, walk onto the porch, and close the door behind them. One officer starts yelling at them to open the door so they can see inside. One guy tells the other "don't open the door - you don't have to unless she has a warrant". The two young men are not rude, but they are not offering to cooperate with the officers. The lead officer gets very belligerent: "Is he a lawyer? Open the door NOW! I'll charge you with obstructing. Do you want to go to jail?" The young guys are not doing anything threatening. Finally, one guy gives in, opens the door, and the officers walk in and clear the place. They cuffed the guys, but ultimately released them.

Since there was no apparent threat, it seems to me that the officers were overstepping their authority by demanding that the door be opened. I'm also sympathetic to the officers' desire to make sure that nobody was waiting behind the door to ambush them, and they also need to respond to the complaint.

Did anyone else see this? Were the occupants within their rights to refuse to open the door? If they did refuse, how could / should the officers have responded, given the nature of the complaint and the fact that no one was in any apparent danger?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    They received a compliant about underage drink; therefore, they had cause to investigate the complaint. This required them to enter the house to see if underage drinking was happening.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I feel sorry for people who carry in Cincinnati. I saw a preview where the lady officer shouts, "There's a gun in the car!" and they all run up to it with pistols pointed at the driver. :)

Is this show legit? I've never seen any lady officers that looked like those do. I was trying to figure out if those were models acting like cops or cops trying to look like models.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    ^ Most definitely legit. This is the 4th or 5th season and it's a different city each season. I think they've had Broward County, Memphis, Dallas...maybe another city?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    They received a compliant about underage drink; therefore, they had cause to investigate the complaint. This required them to enter the house to see if underage drinking was happening.

No warrant, no exigent circumstances, no permission = unlawful entry.

If I call up the local PD & make a compliant about one of my neighbors whom I suspect is dealing drugs, the responding officers cannot simply go walk in (without a warrant, without exigent circumstances & without resident's permission) in order to have a look around.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Were the occupants within their rights to refuse to open the door? If they did refuse, how could / should the officers have responded, given the nature of the complaint and the fact that no one was in any apparent danger?

yes they were well within their rights not to open the door. This is a common scare tactic. Happened to me once at a friends house when I was a teen.
    how could the officer have responded if the men didnt let them in? go on a lunch break. thats how. theres nothing outside of a warrant or an extreme circumstance (like hearing someone being beaten inside) that would have let them enter legally. legally being the key word.

why would anyone wanna cooperate with the police when its to self incriminate? They can yell anything they want at me and threaten me with castration, its just gonna make me resist their threats harder.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Everything that lady cop did in that clip was so wrong, I don't even know where to begin. Especially her little interview interjection comments. I hope that family takes that video into court against the city.

I love the "I didn't know if someone was standing behind the door with a weapon." The door plainly has glass opaque enough to see a person behind it.

The kid in the jacket was right on everything he was saying, and the officers intimidated the other kid into relenting.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I feel sorry for people who carry in Cincinnati. I saw a preview where the lady officer shouts, "There's a gun in the car!" and they all run up to it with pistols pointed at the driver. :)

Is this show legit? I've never seen any lady officers that looked like those do. I was trying to figure out if those were models acting like cops or cops trying to look like models.

I' ve watched the Police Women of Dallas..thought it was pretty entertaining. But I'm sure they scout which women they're going to use. Ursala isn't gonna make it. Bambi is

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    No warrant, no exigent circumstances, no permission = unlawful entry.

If I call up the local PD & make a compliant about one of my neighbors whom I suspect is dealing drugs, the responding officers cannot simply go walk in (without a warrant, without exigent circumstances & without resident's permission) in order to have a look around.

That's pretty much what I thought.

Now let's play it another way... put yourself in the neighbor's shoes. The police knock on their door. Occupants refuse to answer. Loud party (or suspected drug use, or whatever) continues. You need to get up at 5am, but it's too loud to sleep. You call again. Police tell you that they have no justification to do anything else. Are you happy with that? What recourse do you have?

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The girls are real cops. I have a business relationship with the father of one of the women on the show. He told me about the show and I watched it a couple of weeks ago. I hope it wasnt her who was on that segment...:(. She is the hot blonde, by the way...:rockwoot:

Just watched the trailer from the post above....Damn, it was her. Now i have to give her dad a ration of :poop::poop:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    anything that comes from cincy need to be taken with a grain of salt. that city is nothing but a strain on ohios recovery. crime and liberal college kids are all thats in the city, no one who works there would ever live there

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Police never intimidate the citizenry into consents to search or enter. Many alleged cops have said so on this forum. It was all for officer safety, you know.

Hot chicks, handcuffs, handguns... There's something Freudian goin' on here!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I wonder if she had to pay for the damage she did to their door? She looked down at the dents she was causing but just kept beating it anyway.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Having spent my LEO career in Cincinnati, I watched an episode of the show. Made it about halfway through, discovered how boring it was (like most shows of this ilk) and had to turn it off. It was mildly amusing to see some of my old haunts.

As to the episode described here, I'm not surprised. The young generation of LEOs are being taught to be government strong-arm men and not public servants (my own unfortunate experience with the PD in Carmel is described in a couple of other threads here), so why should Cincinnati be any different?

Get used to it folks...this is the reality of modern-day law enforcement.

Top Bottom