• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    The new requirement in many places, unfortunately, seems to be "un-probable cause".

I saw this in someone's signature once, in this case it seems to apply to Cincinnati:

• NY search warrant = you knock on the door while your partner goes around back and yells "come in"...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The new requirement in many places, unfortunately, seems to be "un-probable cause".

I saw this in someone's signature once, in this case it seems to apply to Cincinnati:

• NY search warrant = you knock on the door while your partner goes around back and yells "come in"...

Lock your doors

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Having spent my LEO career in Cincinnati, I watched an episode of the show. Made it about halfway through, discovered how boring it was (like most shows of this ilk) and had to turn it off. It was mildly amusing to see some of my old haunts.

As to the episode described here, I'm not surprised. The young generation of LEOs are being taught to be government strong-arm men and not public servants (my own unfortunate experience with the PD in Carmel is described in a couple of other threads here), so why should Cincinnati be any different?

Get used to it folks...this is the reality of modern-day law enforcement.

I will not get used to it. No offense to you specifically, but any cop who thinks they can intimidate me can kiss my scrawny white behind. I am not a tough guy, but I don't take no ****e either.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Having spent my LEO career in Cincinnati, I watched an episode of the show. Made it about halfway through, discovered how boring it was (like most shows of this ilk) and had to turn it off. It was mildly amusing to see some of my old haunts.

As to the episode described here, I'm not surprised. The young generation of LEOs are being taught to be government strong-arm men and not public servants (my own unfortunate experience with the PD in Carmel is described in a couple of other threads here), so why should Cincinnati be any different?

yep. I think a lot have good intentions when they start but they are being led astray. If you speak out against the abuses of power you are labeled an enemy of the police state. and yes, I do think we are living in the beginnings of a police state.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010

:yesway: to Liberty's post. :noway: to LEO's straying from public service.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    ^ Most definitely legit. This is the 4th or 5th season and it's a different city each season. I think they've had Broward County, Memphis, Dallas...maybe another city?
    It was one of the western 'burbs of Chicago. Northbrook, or Bolingbrook, or some such.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I wonder if she had to pay for the damage she did to their door? She looked down at the dents she was causing but just kept beating it anyway.
    I've wondered this myself. I've seen lot's of instances on these cop shows where they run through somebodies property and kick down privacy fences and what not. If it were my fence/property they destroyed, I'd be on the phone to the city real quick, but I doubt I would get anywhere without shelling out some dough for an attorney.

Top Bottom