• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 80sturgisrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I have a Springfield M1911A1 stainless that has some "rub" marks on the slide from using my FOBUS holster. Would like to know if anyone can polish these out or know someone that can. I really hate the marks on it--too nice of a gun to be all scratched up--Especially from a brand name holster that I have found to be useless to me.

Would also take recommendations for a softer lined holster system that wont scratch it up again.

Thanx!!

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    If you're going to carry it, it's going to show wear. There isn't any way around that. That being said, if it's in a polished section of the stainless, use some flitz or mother's mag polish. If it's in the matte section, you're hosed.
    As far as holsters? I like my Blackhawk Serpa, and I like Bianchi's leather holsters. I'd stay away from Uncle Mikes and Barsony. Not top quality. You can usually bet that you're going to get what you pay for when it comes to quality holsters.

80sturgisrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    If you're going to carry it, it's going to show wear. There isn't any way around that. That being said, if it's in a polished section of the stainless, use some flitz or mother's mag polish. If it's in the matte section, you're hosed.
    As far as holsters? I like my Blackhawk Serpa, and I like Bianchi's leather holsters. I'd stay away from Uncle Mikes and Barsony. Not top quality. You can usually bet that you're going to get what you pay for when it comes to quality holsters.

Yeah I know its gonna show some wear, but its the type of wear that irritates me---those little holes on the FOBUS holster have rubbed into my slide (the polished part) on both sides. Now I have "holes" on my slide. Probably wouldn't bother most folks, but it gets to me and makes me hate, what I thought was a quality holster. Will get my hands on the Mothers. Sounds like a good option. I have used that product before. Thanx for the input

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Might is not a safe or holster Queen. It gets used and shows it since it has near 10 rounds. as mention earlier, wear the marks with pride!

Top Bottom