• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Since there's no Gunsmithing forum, I guess this is as good as any...

I have a new to me Kimber Stainless 2. I managed to clean up some minor surface rust on the barrel, but the part of the chamber that is exposed to the world through the ejector port isnt as polished as I would like. Whats the easiest way to polish it up? As easy as a dremel with a polishing wheel and some compound?

Or is it pointless as the action cycles might it scuff it up during operation?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It is pointless because the action will scuff it when it cycles. BUT, if you want the scuffs taken off stop by USDS on Saturday between noon and 3 and I'll do it for you. It will take about 30 seconds.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Yep, that is one part that will inevitably get scuffed up on a 1911. I have found the easiest way to clean the scuff marks up is to use a buffing pad on a bench grinder. I dont obsess over that part of a cleaning, but when I get really bored and start a detail clean on all of my guns, I will hit it on the wheel and it shines right back up.

Top Bottom