• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I've seen you say this before, and I realize your knowledge on this subject is far greater than mine, but why do you believe this? Just looking for a little clarity here. I believe, at the very least, that congress was deceived, and lied to. I believe that deceptive snakes leaked sensitive material, at the time of their choosing, in an effort to subvert the legitimate functions of the senate, and that Ford either perjored herself before the Senate, or that she was intentionally mislead by her council, in an intentional effort to subvert constitutional Senate activity; conspiracy to subvert Senate procedure, if that's even a thing. Would you clarify why you don't think anyone will be charged with any crime in this matter? And if you believe they won't be, do you believe they should not be?

I know this was not addressed to me, but ICYMI, Senator Grassley is looking into whether criminal charges can be brought against them and maybe their client, here. We can always hope.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've seen you say this before, and I realize your knowledge on this subject is far greater than mine, but why do you believe this? Just looking for a little clarity here. I believe, at the very least, that congress was deceived, and lied to. I believe that deceptive snakes leaked sensitive material, at the time of their choosing, in an effort to subvert the legitimate functions of the senate, and that Ford either perjored herself before the Senate, or that she was intentionally mislead by her council, in an intentional effort to subvert constitutional Senate activity; conspiracy to subvert Senate procedure, if that's even a thing. Would you clarify why you don't think anyone will be charged with any crime in this matter? And if you believe they won't be, do you believe they should not be?

A lawyer's communications with client and how thorough they are can be a matter for professional discipline, but the lawyers did not testify to Congress.

If Ford lied, how do you prove that? She does not have to testify. Her lawyers can't testify about communications. She is the one who testified to Congress. How do you prove she lied when she said she was "unclear". How do you prove she was not unclear.

Honestly, her with her little girl voice and non-age appropriate affect (probably a physical or sexual abuse victim at a young age, BTW), how do we know she was smart enough to understand what her lawyers told her? How do we know what they told her? You can't base a prosecution on assumptions.

The truth in the whole mess, probably some guys, Kavanaugh or not, were screwing around at a party and because of her own personal history prior to that, she interpreted it a certain way and then fixated and remembered it a certain way that may not be fully accurate, but may be partially accurate (how many 36 year old memories are 100% accurate?). Whoever the guys were probably don't remember it at all because: #1 they weren't trying to rape anyone and they were just messing around- it was nothing to them. and #2 they were drunk.

Time to let this one go.

Now, the Swetnick thing, there appears to be more verifiable fraudulent statements in that one.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    45221531_1925666237523032_8966476402064883712_n.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lawyer's communications with client and how thorough they are can be a matter for professional discipline, but the lawyers did not testify to Congress.

If Ford lied, how do you prove that? She does not have to testify. Her lawyers can't testify about communications. She is the one who testified to Congress. How do you prove she lied when she said she was "unclear". How do you prove she was not unclear.

Honestly, her with her little girl voice and non-age appropriate affect (probably a physical or sexual abuse victim at a young age, BTW), how do we know she was smart enough to understand what her lawyers told her? How do we know what they told her? You can't base a prosecution on assumptions.

The truth in the whole mess, probably some guys, Kavanaugh or not, were screwing around at a party and because of her own personal history prior to that, she interpreted it a certain way and then fixated and remembered it a certain way that may not be fully accurate, but may be partially accurate (how many 36 year old memories are 100% accurate?). Whoever the guys were probably don't remember it at all because: #1 they weren't trying to rape anyone and they were just messing around- it was nothing to them. and #2 they were drunk.

Time to let this one go.

Now, the Swetnick thing, there appears to be more verifiable fraudulent statements in that one.
    Wasn't she a university professor? If so, that's frightening.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So one would think that at least some modicum of intelligence would be required to be a professor. But maybe not in California.

Some intelligence? Sure. What, exactly, did her lawyers tell her about whether she could testify in California? What words did they use? Are they good at communicating with non lawyers?

Are you certain that if a lawyer hired by you explained something to you that you would understand it all and not just nod to not look dumb?

...and psychology professors at 2nd rate colleges in La La land? Please.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some intelligence? Sure. What, exactly, did her lawyers tell her about whether she could testify in California? What words did they use? Are they good at communicating with non lawyers?

Are you certain that if a lawyer hired by you explained something to you that you would understand it all and not just nod to not look dumb?

Good point about La La land. As for myself, I would keep asking my lawyers questions until I had a perfectly clear understanding, same as I do with doctors or anyone else that has specialized knowledge that I don't have. But I'm just a dumb hick from flyover country, so what do I know? :)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Part of that would have to do with whose paying the bills, her or somebody else.

Times in the past when I've paid lawyers I wanted their interpretation of laws and expected good communication skills. I'm paying for the info and I'm wasting my money if I don't understand it. In her case maybe that was irrelevant.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Well they should definitely pursue an investigation and look for potential charges so this kind of crap doesn't happen over and over.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) referred a second woman who made sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh for criminal investigation for allegedly making materially false statements to the Committee during the course of its investigation.

"I am once again writing regarding fabricated allegations the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary recently received," Grassley wrote in a letter addressed to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Chris Wray. "As explained below, I am writing to refer Ms. Judy Munro-Leighton for investigation of potential violations of 18 U.S.C. §§ 1001 (materially false statements) and 1505 (obstruction), for materially false statements she made to the Committee during the course of the Committee’s investigation."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/3792...fers-another-kavanaugh-accuser-ryan-saavedra?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom