jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I did say "...remove both parties and ... start anew without them...."

And "you can say this but not that" is automatically an infringement of free speech, IMHO.

Exactly why is it OK to call someone a "cracker" or any other slur, but only one group has their pejorative referenced as "the N word"? Not that any of them are OK, but why does that one get special treatment?

Blessings,
    Bill
    Check your privilege. It is problematic to claim that white people using the n-word is equivalent to a person of color using “cracker”. All people of color share the collective experience of oppression that white people, as the collective oppressors, cannot understand or defend. Therefore, calling white people cracker is justified. White people using the n-word, regardless of context, is oppression. Denying this is is called “white frigidity”. And yes, it’s a real thing that white people have as evidenced by the existence of words to describe it. And if you say that’s circular reasoning, you’re just using a tool of the white male patriarchy to oppress women and people of color.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Check your privilege. It is problematic to claim that white people using the n-word is equivalent to a person of color using “cracker”. All people of color share the collective experience of oppression that white people, as the collective oppressors, cannot understand or defend. Therefore, calling white people cracker is justified. White people using the n-word, regardless of context, is oppression. Denying this is is called “white frigidity”. And yes, it’s a real thing that white people have as evidenced by the existence of words to describe it. And if you say that’s circular reasoning, you’re just using a tool of the white male patriarchy to oppress women and people of color.

Your logic is proof of the existence of sasquatch, chupacabra, lock ness monster and the great pumpkin. I knew it was true!! :rockwoot:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    WTAF did I just read?
    giphy.gif

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

In the first place, I *did* say “or any other slur”.

In the second place, and I say this with all due respect, the post to which I’m replying is so full of :poop:, it could be used to fertilize a farm the size of Wyoming.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Really hoping you just forgot the purple.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the first place, I *did* say “or any other slur”.

In the second place, and I say this with all due respect, the post to which I’m replying is so full of :poop:, it could be used to fertilize a farm the size of Wyoming.

That is all.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I have learned to speak postmodern/intersectional/woke drivel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom