Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ladies and gentlemen, and anyone who considers him/herself anything other than one of those two choices:

It is a rare thing when I do this. This post is more than worthy.

While none of us have rep numbers anymore, I would like to draw your attention to Actaeon's post, quoted below. This, my friends, is the best way I've ever seen this phrased. Kindly drop an approving rep of zero points on Act for this post.

Yes, you read correctly, I am calling in a rep bomb. Hit him with everything (approving) you've got.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks BOR.
    Your words mean more than a rep would.
    I can not claim responsibility, I did not make the meme.
    But, I have been telling people for years what is on there.
    I have to deal with enough angry people, and dangerous machinery in my life.
    If someone is wishing me something positive, I will take that, regardless of the window dressing.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You don't have to make the meme to be the bearer of the important message it conveys. That you brought the message is what I repped, not the creation of the graphic.

We as a nation and as a people are fractured. It's divisive crap like getting upset at a store for saying "Seasons' Greetings", recognizing multiple seasons and multiple greetings, rather than a store ONLY recognizing Christmas (because that's the holiday that the upset person happens to celebrate) that has fractured us.

Thoughts like yours and memes like this are the kind of thing that repairs those fractures.

Likewise, such thoughts as those below:

Letter to the American Defense Society (1919)

Letter by then former president Roosevelt (3 January 1919) to Charles Steward Davison, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the American Defense Society

• In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.

Original letter, from the Library of Congress' collection, here: http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/...troosevelt.pdf

It's not about what divides us, but about what makes us alike and brings us together that is important.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks BOR.
    Your words mean more than a rep would.
    I can not claim responsibility, I did not make the meme.
    But, I have been telling people for years what is on there.
    I have to deal with enough angry people, and dangerous machinery in my life.
    If someone is wishing me something positive, I will take that, regardless of the window dressing.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    satire-pigeons-crowd-obama.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Not really a pic but still funny.....

[video=youtube;d6AT66gXnSs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6AT66gXnSs&feature=share[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

My friends and acquaintances I know to be Jewish, I wish "Happy Chanukah". Everyone else gets "Merry Christmas".

I'll take any and all well wishes I can get. Believe it or not, we used to use the terms "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings" well before anyone thought there was a war on anything. I choose not to be offended when someone is just trying to be pleasant.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    My friends and acquaintances I know to be Jewish, I wish "Happy Chanukah". Everyone else gets "Merry Christmas".

I'll take any and all well wishes I can get. Believe it or not, we used to use the terms "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings" well before anyone thought there was a war on anything. I choose not to be offended when someone is just trying to be pleasant.

I don't think you would make a very good liberal with that attitude. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Raise your hand if you've been ousted as your country's leader.

Put both hands together if you're next.

Cy6XwYXXAAAziZ7.jpg:small

The mind reader in me says the German Chancellor is thinking: "Nope, no way I'm waving with one hand. We all know how that picture will be misused."

...and "ousted"...not quite accurate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom