POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    What about me? I grew up in music.
    I'm 68 and no longer active in music, except as a passing fancy.

I began building my sound reinforcement system while I was still in high school. My dad (farm raised, educated himself, mostly) made me get a business license at 16, when I started making money. That was 1971. A very modest beginning.

I traveled, one van at first, then more, two semis toward the end. Worked with some familiar names from the '80s.

I kept it going and growing until '92. I had slowed down a bit, gotten married by then and really missed a familiar pillow to sleep on.

I had to start working my way off the road.
    Sold what I could, kept some toys, "finished" moving to Indiana.
    My interest is based on nostalgia, you could say.

Still love live music, most any kind, but I don't have a way to participate anymore.
    I missed a whole lot being on the road. My kids for the longest time thought my job was taking some pictures of cool things and sending them to their phones. lol. But I taught my daughter all the states with my touring scheduled. lol She had printed out maps and colored in each state I was in for each tour, and each artist, And all the one offs, and all the states I had been to. There is still 7 I have yet to see. The biggest artist I toured with was Toby Keith. After covid I decided it was time to move back home to Indiana. The 9th of next month will be 2 years I have been back. Took a complete year off and enjoyed being home and working a real job, and got a part time audio job at the Bluegate in Shipshewana. Now I'm the main sound guy at a major venue in Ft Wayne on top of still having my real job. lol

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I missed a whole lot being on the road. My kids for the longest time thought my job was taking some pictures of cool things and sending them to their phones. lol. But I taught my daughter all the states with my touring scheduled. lol She had printed out maps and colored in each state I was in for each tour, and each artist, And all the one offs, and all the states I had been to. There is still 7 I have yet to see. The biggest artist I toured with was Toby Keith. After covid I decided it was time to move back home to Indiana. The 9th of next month will be 2 years I have been back. Took a complete year off and enjoyed being home and working a real job, and got a part time audio job at the Bluegate in Shipshewana. Now I'm the main sound guy at a major venue in Ft Wayne on top of still having my real job. lol
    Most of my later sound company career was based out of Nashville, TN. I was a volunteer Volunteer, due to having relocated there from south Texas during my business workings.

As much of an early bloomer as I was in some ways, I was even more of a late bloomer in others.
    I was 44 when my first child was born. I had been completely off the road and working locally about five years by that time.
    Nothing more than a few installations once I began to "nest." They were far apart, but fun and served to keep my hand in, so to speak.

I'm done climbing ladders, though, for reasons. No more of that work for me.
    If there was a card to carry for Old Putterer, I would qualify, of late.

:lmfao:

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Most of my later sound company career was based out of Nashville, TN. I was a voulunteer Volunteer, due to have relocate from south Texas during my business workings.

As much of an early bloomer as I was in some ways, I was even more of a late bloomer in others.
    I was 44 when my first child was born. I had been completely off the road and working locally about five years by that time.
    Nothing more than a few installations once I began to "nest." They were far apart, but fun and served to keep my hand in, so to speak.

I'm done climbing ladders, though, for reasons. No more of that work for me.
    If there was a card to carry for Old Putterer, I would qualify, of late.

:lmfao:
    I was in Nashville for 14 years. Not looking back. Don't have enough middle fingers to be driving there anymore. lol It is a real pleasure to meet another sound tech on here.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Basically the same, here! I don't miss it.

I used to "whine" that every time I met someone in any part of the Nashville scene, even the flipping grocery store, and I liked them they were not from around there. They were purposeful implants, just as I was.

You could easily spot those who did NOT want you there and did not mind showing it.

Hard to blame them, TBH.
    Imagine if your little perfect sunny hill with rich bottom land had a "Nashville" growing near it?
    :ugh:

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Seems we've highjacked a usable thread. This is a pic!

Out of date, but the Star Trek fan in me would compare this old game of Twister to 3D Chess. What they seem to be doing now, is played in at least three dimensions. 3D Twister.

Someone should make one. 921946666c68864dc7b100ba6110bb54.jpg

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems we've highjacked a usable thread. This is a pic!

Out of date, but the Star Trek fan in me would compare this old game of Twister to 3D Chess. What they seem to be doing now, is played in at least three dimensions. 3D Twister.

Someone should make one. View attachment 343725
    PHOTO-tornado-dimmitt-texas-060295-NOAA-112x534-landscape.jpg

It's 3 dimensional, and it really stirs **** up. That's the 'twister' metaphor I would go with for the Obiden era

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    View attachment 343765

It's 3 dimensional, and it really stirs **** up. That's the 'twister' metaphor I would go with for the Obiden era
    Just "biden" my time until we can find a real American President to help lead this country out of the scrap pile the commies are trying to set up.
    :thumbsup:
    The way I understand it, only another President can rescind a previous Executive Order, without Congress agreeing to something.
    Biden did a lot of this with a few swipes of a pen, "canceling" President Trump's efforts.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's also the reason it is more important to keep bad laws from being enacted than to try to change them after the fact. Trump can undo any Biden EO just like Biden did with his - stroke of a pen

To undo a bad law on the books you have to pass the correction in both the house and the senate and you may need 60 votes in the senate (because, of course, the filibuster will be a worthy tradition again when Dems are out of power)

Top Bottom