POLITICS!! Elections are here... who will/won't you VOTE for.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    I hope this thread catches on, so I thank you ahead of time for your time in writing a response. Giving your opinion on candidates and knowledge of your local voting procedures can help those who have no clue what to do, get out and vote. Elections are around the corner so lets share some information to get every one informed.

+1 For your party (DEMOCRATS/REPUBLICANS etc) :patriot:

MORE GUNS! :ar15:
    LESS CRIME! :rockwoot:
    PERIOD! :draw:

rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    None of em are worth a darn dime.....I think I'll vote for Ted Nugent as a write in candidate....and the grandma that chased the two thugs down that raped her grandaughter, and then blew their gonads clean off!.............nice shootin Granny!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I will not vote for any incumbent! Those who are in office right now have done such a **** poor job, that they have done nothing to keep their job.....THEY WORK FOR US! If you don't do want you are told at work, do you get to keep your job? NOPE! So why should it be any different for ppl in political ofc?

No more party affiliation here-----If you don't do your job, (ie, things you promise in your campaign) then they need to go pound sand!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I will not vote for any incumbent! Those who are in office right now have done such a **** poor job, that they have done nothing to keep their job.....THEY WORK FOR US! If you don't do want you are told at work, do you get to keep your job? NOPE! So why should it be any different for ppl in political ofc?

No more party affiliation here-----If you don't do your job, (ie, things you promise in your campaign) then they need to go pound sand!

^^^ he said the same thing i was gonna say. I agree 100% my goal this november will be to raise the unemployement rate

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm voting for Ronald Reagan, for every office. Even with Alzheimer's and dead, he's better than any of the jerk in office now, and I'm not exactly erect with excitement over the other choices, either.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just came from the 'debates' for the next Marion county prosecutor.
    What a joke.
    Polititians as usual. No real debate or difference between Massa and Curry. Nothing. Hopeless.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    OPEN BORDERS !?!?!?!?!?!?! SAY WHAT????? :n00b: :xmad:

i will review this. i might not vote for her after all. we need to close the damn borders before we open them to every tom, dick, and harry met sally!

Immigration | Libertarian Party

This is the libertarian platform on immigration and borders. mrj was kind enough to turn me on to their platform. As I've said before, there's a lot that I agree with. But stuff like this is a showstopper for me.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    OPEN BORDERS !?!?!?!?!?!?! SAY WHAT????? :n00b: :xmad:

i will review this. i might not vote for her after all. we need to close the damn borders before we open them to every tom, dick, and harry met sally!
    If you get the opportunity, you should talk to her in person about this. Or send her an email. There's a Contact button on her website: Contact | Rebecca Sink-Burris - U.S. Senate (IN)

She'll tell you that she knows it's not going to be an overnight process, and that we do have to enforce the laws that we currently have on the books until those laws are changed. The reality is that the jobs those illegal immigrants are filling are largely jobs that most Americans think they are too good for or don't get paid enough for, yet the immigrants are willing to do those jobs and for less money than a high school kid would accept these days.

In any case, I didn't want to fuel the argument on immigration. But you should definitely drop her a note or try to talk to her in person if you can.

I'll be voting for Rebecca for the Senate seat, Chard Reid for the 5th US Congressional District (not only is he opposing Burton, but he's actually brilliant. He's an economics teacher at a local high school, and he has a lot of really great ideas on what we can do to get the country's budget back on track), and Lars Noldan for Hamilton County's Fall Creek Township Trustee. I might be a bit biased on that last one. ;)

ETA: I forgot one: Mike Wherry for Secretary of State. Traditionally, the SoS campaign for the Libertarian Party of Indiana has been "we just need to get 2% of the vote to keep Ls on the ballot and give voters a choice" (or at least that's the impression I've been given), but this year, we are *really* trying to win it. Mike is qualified for the position and eager to tackle it. I really like his position on gerrymandering (and the fact that it needs to stop), along with other election reform ideas.

Last edited:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Not made up my mind on every single office but for the most part im planning on voting out any incumbents cause im in the mindset this country is on the wrong track and we definitely didn't need the kinda change the current administration is pushing, oh. And illegal immigration and gun rights are big for me

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Todd Young(R) over Baron Hill(D) for the 9th Congressional District.

I'm sure we all know and love Baron..... "This is MY town hall meeting". Maybe Baron will spend the Sunday after the election running to church in Seymour and cussing out church goers for not electing him. Just like he did after his last loss.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlywPpoeS_k]YouTube - Witnessess to berserk Baron Hill[/ame]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    With her stance on open borders and drug legalization, you'll need your guns more than ever.

Well you and I will have to respectfully disagree on these points. Largely because you have inaccurately described the Libertarian stance.

I see nothing that the war on drugs has brought to this nation that is positive. While I oppose the use of drugs and think they are generally counter-productive, the fact that we have brought a war to our inner cities and small towns to "fight" this has only erupted in the form of a violent subculture class.

As for the open borders (your inaccurate term for the Libertarian policy) we have a huge immigration problem now. One that is not even being addressed. We clearly need immigrants to do work that most Americans are unwilling to do. We have no way to bring them in legally. They stream across our border illegally and they get hired because they do, for less money, what a high school kid won't do on his summer break.

But you describe the term as open border and that is not accurate either. It is a more logical and open immigration, not a wide open and/or unsecured border. We can have a policy of open immigration that is also one that has secured borders. The rules have to change.

Top Bottom