• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I don't like how the poll question says "in every school". In public schools, yes. Private schools still need to be left to make the choice on their own. The article makes that distinction, the poll does not.

I still voted yes because the article makes it clear they are talking about public schools.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If this is gonna keep the kids safer, damn skippy.

We all KNOW the stupid gun ban crap (mag. and semi-auto limits, current background checks, etc.) ONLY affect the law-abiding.

This is something we can DO that actually WILL provide protection for kids.

Personally, if it's need that *I* donate a day a week or something to make sure those kids, YOUR kids, get home to Mom & Dad, then that's what I'm willing to do. Yeah, it's 'that' important, IMO.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Where's the option for just removing the portion of the IC that blocks anyone with an LTCH (who isn't part of the elite class) from carrying on school grounds. Make committing a felony in a school just as dangerous as committing a felony in one's home. And do it without adding another layer to the bureaucracy.

I'd much rather see the 3% of adults (30% with LTCH in Indiana assuming 10% of that carry), in a school of 30 staff or more carry than just one individual. If an unknown 3% carry it's much less likely word will get out where all the guns are, instead of an only gun, and twisted minds that plan such attacks this is aimed at preventing, will know who to avoid to still achieve their desired body count for the fame the media will provide them.

I did vote yes, but I do think there is a much better way to go about this.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    But our kids aren't as important as Obama's Kids.

Every teacher who wants to carry, go through a small course, and pratice and carry constantly..

Can't we learn what Texas has shown us with the lack of Massacres in school, and armament of their teachers. COMMON SENCE (Even the FBI stated that Lanza targeted the school because of it being a 'gun free zone').

~800votes
    495 for
    302 against

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Split right around 60% still. Part of me is surprised that those favoring this bill aren't higher, but then again there are a lot of brainwashed "mommies" and what not out there that think guns just need to be banned in general and that crime and shootings would miraculously cease.

I really wish that we would just have legislation to do away with these ridiculous Gun Free Zones and that school policies would just support armed staffers. Those two measure alone would make a bit more sense and would accomplish the same thing.

PhantomJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I voted yes, but I think it would be better to have multiple trained school personnel carrying concealed, rather than a single resource officer. At Columbine the perps were able to track the uniformed officer and attack when he was not available. This would not be possible if you didn't know who all was carrying and capable of defending the school.

edited to add Ninja'd

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Split right around 60% still. Part of me is surprised that those favoring this bill aren't higher, but then again there are a lot of brainwashed "mommies" and what not out there that think guns just need to be banned in general and that crime and shootings would miraculously cease.

I really wish that we would just have legislation to do away with these ridiculous Gun Free Zones and that school policies would just support armed staffers. Those two measure alone would make a bit more sense and would accomplish the same thing.

You have to consider its the Evansville Courier Depreased. The paper is notoriously anti-gun as are many of their regular readers.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    You have to consider its the Evansville Courier Depreased. The paper is notoriously anti-gun as are many of their regular readers.

Many are certifiably nuts but the majority of Southern Indiana is steeply pro-gun and we do a pretty good job in the comments sections of cutting their legs out from under them. It's not a job, it's an adventure !

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    63%, and some good comments too. I like the one about this being a real common sense gun law.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

Good point.

I agree with other posters that it's good to have multiple parties armed, not one or two easily identifiable security officers. Heck, have a few teachers carry. I know of one that would NEVER be suspected of carrying. She's tiny and would be overlooked by any crazed gunman but I assure you she'd be armed and ready if allowed to do so.

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I don't like how the poll question says "in every school". In public schools, yes. Private schools still need to be left to make the choice on their own. The article makes that distinction, the poll does not.

I still voted yes because the article makes it clear they are talking about public schools.

What's the difference ?
    Don't private schools still get public tax dollars due to the Voucher system here in Indiana ?

Top Bottom