POLL: Should Profire Resume Parking Trailers Full of NFA Overnight in the Alley?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Profire Resume Parking Trailers Full of NFA Overnight in the Alley?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    For all those who think that criticizing what Profire did is "blaming the victim". Do you still think it is just hunky dory to do what you have defended them doing?

Does the "thieves can get anything if they try hard enough" still excuse them?

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    A better poll would be if we think most weapons should be taken off the NFA list so this would just be a discussion about stolen guns.

In all of this discussion, the NFA items are only given special attention because they are NFA items. If every legal citizen could have NFA items, this would be just a discussion if we think Profire is right in leaving $250K of mercentdise in a trailer behind their store. I don't think that is smart, but it is their right to do so. So lets focus on the government that has place a restriction on an item in the bill of rights and make a big issue out of that. Don't get loss in the hate, and start working on the true root cause of the issue. Yes I believe in dangerous freedom vs safe slavery.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    A better poll would be if we think most weapons should be taken off the NFA list so this would just be a discussion about stolen guns.

In all of this discussion, the NFA items are only given special attention because they are NFA items. If every legal citizen could have NFA items, this would be just a discussion if we think Profire is right in leaving $250K of mercentdise in a trailer behind their store. I don't think that is smart, but it is their right to do so. So lets focus on the government that has place a restriction on an item in the bill of rights and make a big issue out of that. Don't get loss in the hate, and start working on the true root cause of the issue. Yes I believe in dangerous freedom vs safe slavery.

No offense intended, but feel free to make any poll you want. This, however, is the one I am interested in the answer to. We don't get to choose the reality we live in.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to the one you propose.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

If somebody puts together a poll together regarding the NFA list, please be sure to include a choice for abolition.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I voted yes.... Partially out of spite for no bacon option, this is INGO after all. And partially because it was clear that you were wording the title to garnish a certain response.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I've been to Profire numerous times, where is this alley they parked the trailer in, can someone point it out on a map please?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Profire should continue to do business as they see fit and if we don't like it we can vote with our wallet. Gotta love Monday morning quarterbacking though!

Edit: As long as they aren't breaking any laws.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Have to admit, I voted in the way you were wanting, Fargo. I don't really agree with what I see as an agenda behind it, but I do see the obvious point of the poll.

SOP needs to be updated there, and everywhere else as well. But not because of the NFA'ness involved. Simple asset protection. Thieves can be very talented or very lucky, and presenting them with pre-made luck isn't really a good idea if you want to still have your stuff when you get out of bed the next day.

Do I lay blame on them for not wanting to be up at 4-5 am stocking that trailer? No, not really. Do I lay blame on them for presenting a golden opportunity to thieves? No, not really. Do I think it's something they should/will change--especially with all the coverage and temptation for copycatting? Yup.

I'm not throwing stones out of my glass house, as I know for a fact they can come right back at me. I have always been pretty anal about locking up the house--doors and windows--before I leave. Have I unintentionally given thieves a golden opportunity by leaving a door unlocked or a window wide open? Yep. Thankfully, no thievery...but I don't think I'd be feeling guilty even if they had cleaned me out.

Just because a thief is lucky doesn't mean s/he isn't talented as well, and visa versa. I know that locks can be picked, security systems circumvented, and let's face it--even with a response time in the 5-10 minute range for police, the thieves can get in, get what they want and be LOOOOONNNGGG gone before anybody could catch them if they're talented enough.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Have to admit, I voted in the way you were wanting, Fargo. I don't really agree with what I see as an agenda behind it, but I do see the obvious point of the poll.

SOP needs to be updated there, and everywhere else as well. But not because of the NFA'ness involved. Simple asset protection. Thieves can be very talented or very lucky, and presenting them with pre-made luck isn't really a good idea if you want to still have your stuff when you get out of bed the next day.

Do I lay blame on them for not wanting to be up at 4-5 am stocking that trailer? No, not really. Do I lay blame on them for presenting a golden opportunity to thieves? No, not really. Do I think it's something they should/will change--especially with all the coverage and temptation for copycatting? Yup.

I'm not throwing stones out of my glass house, as I know for a fact they can come right back at me. I have always been pretty anal about locking up the house--doors and windows--before I leave. Have I unintentionally given thieves a golden opportunity by leaving a door unlocked or a window wide open? Yep. Thankfully, no thievery...but I don't think I'd be feeling guilty even if they had cleaned me out.

Just because a thief is lucky doesn't mean s/he isn't talented as well, and visa versa. I know that locks can be picked, security systems circumvented, and let's face it--even with a response time in the 5-10 minute range for police, the thieves can get in, get what they want and be LOOOOONNNGGG gone before anybody could catch them if they're talented enough.

This wasn't exactly the heist of the century. Any methhead tow truck driver could do the same thing.

There are very few truly sophisticated thieves out there, but there are bazillions who could have pulled this off in exactly the same way.

Every contractor knows this...

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I thought about voting and decided against it.

While I DO have an opinion (I have an opinion on just about everything:rolleyes:) I decided against sharing it.

Why? Because my opinion does NOT count for anything in this instance!!! Also, it would have no productive value.

Having been a victim of even a minor theft years ago made my stomach turn. I am certain everyone at Profire is reevaluating their security measures. I am also willing to bet that more than one person there didn't sleep well for several nights.

In reality, it is only the opinions of Profire management and their insurance company that should have any weight in the free market.

I wish everyone all the best and hope that their property is returned in as good a condition as when it was taken.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom