Poll: What caliber do you carry most often for self defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What calilber do you consider your primary defensive caliber?

• Total voters

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Most of the time, my S&W 642 revolver sits in my Galco Pocket holster. I load up with .38 cal. +P Rem. Golden Sabers or Gold Dots. Easy carry and NO excusses for me to leave it at home.;)

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I only carry my 1911 .45ACP until I can afford a lighter carry piece, and even then will most likely be a .45ACP or .40S&W.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For me it is a toss-up between .357Sig or .45ACP. For MY carry weapon of choice.

For my DUTY pistol 9mm Ball is the only way to go... Yeah... Got to love those treaties and conventions Professional Politicians will sign...

I think I need to change to a desk job.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    9mm of the 147GR Winchester PDX1 variety in my Glock 26

I've gotten to be a real fan of the PDX1. It worked awesomely for me in 9mm, it's what Cathy is carrying in her .45 because of it's accuracy and how effective it should be. I'm looking for some in .38 +P right now, if anyone knows who has some. I used to carry the SXT, predecessor to the PDX1, but haven't found any of that either.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I carry it the most by far

I carry a Kel Tec P32, usually in my right front pocket in the pocket nemesis holster. I have other more powerful pistols, but they usually stay home. I see by the poll that I am alone so far in doing this.

Terry

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    9mm of the 147GR Winchester PDX1 variety in my Glock 26

I've gotten to be a real fan of the PDX1. It worked awesomely for me in 9mm, it's what Cathy is carrying in her .45 because of it's accuracy and how effective it should be. I'm looking for some in .38 +P right now, if anyone knows who has some. I used to carry the SXT, predecessor to the PDX1, but haven't found any of that either.

I'll add to the PDX1 fan club.

9mm 147Gr PDX1 in my G19.
    I am going to be doing an expansion test in the near future with wet newspaper in a variety of bullet weights and manufactures. At the moment it will be: 147 Gr Win. PDX1, Speer Gold Dot 124 Gr +p, Remington Golden Sabers 147 Gr, and the cheapest of the crowd PMC Starfire 124 Gr normal pressure. I will post the results, with pictures, once I get the time to conduct the experiment.

Top Bottom