• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just got back from Bradis with my wife and parents. Had a good lunch at Gray Brother's too. Anyway. Was looking at .38 specials for the wife. She is going back and forth about carrying. She really liked the Charter Arms. The Pink Lady is what it was called. Actually I liked it a little too, wouldn't get caught carrying it though. But I saw something I've never seen before. Ruger hammerless .38 thats a polymer. This thing is so light! Has anyone shot one before? What's the recoil like? I really liked it....

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I have fired a total of 10 rounds out of one so.......take with a lump of salt...

I really liked how it shot. A lot less recoil than you'd think. Smooth trigger., accurate.

Only reservations would be longevity since it's a new design....

Last edited:

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have an LCR and have put about about 100 rounds through it. I really like the trigger pull and the perceived recoil is much less than my Taurus 85. The Hogue grip on the LCR makes all the difference.

The only thing I don't like is the black front site. In low light situations I have a hard time seeing it. I've been looking for a night site, but I've not found anyone that makes one.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have an LCR and have put about about 100 rounds through it. I really like the trigger pull and the perceived recoil is much less than my Taurus 85. The Hogue grip on the LCR makes all the difference.

The only thing I don't like is the black front site. In low light situations I have a hard time seeing it. I've been looking for a night site, but I've not found anyone that makes one.

White paint or nail polish may help with that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was going to get one a couple of weeks ago (at Darrel's in Cayuga), but all he had was the version with the Crimson Trace laser grips. Nothing wrong with that, but the added cost of the grips put it out of my budget ($609), especially since it would never be a primary carry gun.

It's very light. The trigger pull is surprising; you don't expect it to be that smooth and that light. It felt more like an older Smith & Wesson than a new Ruger to me.

I've read that felt recoil is significantly less than with an airweight j-frame. That's why I wanted to try one. If it hurts less to shoot, people are more likely to practice with them, and they might be a reasonable alternative for people who won't carry a more substantial gun.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Replacement front sight for Ruger LCR

Replacement front sight made by XS Sight Systems.

My experience installing it. (See page 2.)

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've put just a little over 300 rounds through my LCR and couldn't be happier with it. As others have said the perceived recoil with the Hogue grips is amazingly low. Shoots great for me, and you can't beat the weight of it. Recommended in a heartbeat

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I've shot one of them with the CT grips. Much better recoil-wise than I would have thought.

It was my uncle's gun, and he got it for a heck of a deal. $499 + tax NIB with CT laser grips at a dealer in Maryland. I couldn't believe the price he got it for.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger LCR...nice & light (13.5 oz), surprisingly smooth (and not too stiff) trigger, accurate, nice Hogue Tamer 2-finger grip (from the factory if you do not get the Crimson Trace grip), handles recoil fairly well, and puts them where you point it.

I had been wanting a compact .38 for a long time and I got mine this past December. It fits in a coat or pants pocket fairly well (where a DeSantis Nemesis holster will cover the outline pretty good and it stays in the pocket when you draw the gun) and doesn't have anything to snag it on when you draw it.

Aftermarket stuff is coming around nicely...Fobus is making hip and ankle holsters that fit both the LCR and the SP101, and there are several new holsters out there as well (check them out on ebay and do a search under 'Ruger LCR'.)

Now...I just have to get mine back from my wife!!! :cool:

clayman 762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Thanks for shopping at Bradis, I work there and may of waited on you. The Ruger does recoil alot more when you use a hollowpoint round or a plus p round due to the lightweight of the gun. I would deffiantly buy one.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have 200+ rnds through mine and I love it. I paid around $460 about 4 months ago, they should be cheaper now.

It is my carry gun 60% of the time.

Top Bottom