• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Its all grades of bad plastics...

From Keltec's recycled beach plastic.. to glock polymer.

Though I have to admit.. whoever came up with the idea of the fire control group being the serialized part kinda missed the boat. Why not have a metal frame option for these guns.
    There are metal frames for the 365's and 320's.

Just one example of many:

Some 365 metal modules:

365 AXG version:

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Everybody remember when all the Remington Nylon guns spontaneously shattered because of how quickly thermo-plastic degrades? You know, the guns that were first produced in 1959?

Me either. If the real world doesn't conform to your theory, you're either trolling or in denial or both. You can pick your preferences, but facts remain regardless.

JFriar96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2019
    Greenwood
    Everybody remember when all the Remington Nylon guns spontaneously shattered because of how quickly thermo-plastic degrades? You know, the guns that were first produced in 1959?

Me either. If the real world doesn't conform to your theory, you're either trolling or in denial or both. You can pick your preferences, but facts remain regardless.
    I can attest to your comment as I have a Remmington Nylon 66 black/chrome that I’ve had since I was a little guy. Still shoots very well. Although I do need a new spring for the auto feed.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Though I have to admit.. whoever came up with the idea of the fire control group being the serialized part kinda missed the boat. Why not have a metal frame option for these guns.
    Check out the P320 AXG. The problem is, the grip module alone is $400, which is more than I paid for either of my complete guns. I want one, but I haven't been able to justify dropping the coin on something that I know won't allow me to shoot the gun any better, or provide any improvement in reliability over the $40 plastic grip module currently on the gun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I have a couple polymer pistols but most are metal frame as I do believe they will last longer in the long run if cared for.

My fear with polymer frames is that after several decades the polymer will become brittle as I have seen a Gen 1 Glock 17 have shards of the frame's polymer chip off around the frame rails during a routine cleaning after being fired.

agn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2024
    Franklin Co
    The Walther Q4 changed my opinion about metal striker fired pistols. I was in the "polymer is great" camp and then I picked up a Q4. Now there's no going back. All that heft makes it a joy to shoot.

yanmarguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Bloomington
    The Walther Q4 changed my opinion about metal striker fired pistols. I was in the "polymer is great" camp and then I picked up a Q4. Now there's no going back. All that heft makes it a joy to shoot.

This is honestly how I feel about the kahr arms line of pistols. They are all great but man once you get the feel of that all metal frame and the weight behind it, it's hard to ever want the polymer model again after that. They are just such a pleasure to shoot. 100% my go-to!

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Metal frames, wood grips equals Fudd. That is common knowledge. Seriously though, I usually like carrying polymer pistols, the weight savings is important to me as I get older, yes my back can tell the difference after a day of carry. I also do not think polymer pistols look bad, more utilitarian though, like a good hammer. I will confess though that I bought my 1911’s and CZ75 just for the metal frame and, on the 1911’s, wood grips. Just really really good looking. I do carry them sometimes.

agn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2024
    Franklin Co
    Metal frames, wood grips equals Fudd. That is common knowledge. Seriously though, I usually like carrying polymer pistols, the weight savings is important to me as I get older, yes my back can tell the difference after a day of carry. I also do not think polymer pistols look bad, more utilitarian though, like a good hammer. I will confess though that I bought my 1911’s and CZ75 just for the metal frame and, on the 1911’s, wood grips. Just really really good looking. I do carry them sometimes.
    It's not the metal, it's the mass. All that mass really makes the recoil feel so much less.
    The tungsten infused frames (or tungsten weighted) will produce similar results.

As such, the Metal M&P 2.0 doesn't quite have the same effect as its aluminum, and not too much heavier than the Polymer version.

I wouldn't use one for EDC concealed. If I were doing duty carry though, I might consider it.

Top Bottom