WTS/WTT: Polytech M1a (M14S), DMR Turnkey setup with TONS of upgrades!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I want to give my fellow INGO'ers a crack at this before I post it on M14forum.

Up for sale or trade is an excellent condition Polytech M1a. Rifle has approximately 500 rounds through it and has ran like a champ. Polytech M1a's are about as close to an actual M1a receiver as you will find. The designs were sold to China in the 80's I believe and their receivers are second to none. Many custom M1a builders will use a Polytech (or Norinco) M1a receiver as a host for a custom build since they are so close to spec. The minor issue with Chicom M1a's is having a soft bolt, so many people will have their bolt replaced with a US made one, like I have. Here's the breakdown of what is on the rifle and the type of work I have had done.

Polytech m14s - $1000
    US made LRB bolt - $200
    USGI extractor - $10
    NM flash hider - $30
    Gas piston shim kit (not installed) - $20
    Sadlak steel scope mount - $270
    Additional tools (usgi m14 combo tool, sadlak gas system wrench) and mags (2x CMI 20-rd and 1x Korean 20-rd) - $100
    Harris bipod adapter (not installed, still in bag)- $20

Gunsmithing work done, all work done at Warbirds (M14-M1A)

Headspace new bolt - $125
    Refinish entire rifle - $165
    NM trigger job - $50
    Install new flash hider - $40

Total money into rifle - $1900 +/- $100 for parts/labor/shipping

All original Chicom parts (including the bolt) will be included in the sale as well as all the M1a goodies I have which includes the sling and an additional polymer stock (all metal included on the stock). I also have a Blackhawk strap on cheek riser that will also come in the sale. Pictures of these will be up later. If you are interested in a scope I have a Nikon Monarch for this setup but my experience is that scopes are a very personal type of thing and most people will not want the scope included which is why I have not included it in the sale. If you are interested in the scope please let me know via PM.

Trade interests:

National Match A2 AR-15
    M1 Garand
    Glock 34

Cash price: $1500 Now $1250 FTF or $1300 shipped!!

I am willing to ship to your FFL for $50. FTF transactions on the south side of Indy (Greenwood-area) or anywhere on the 465 loop. I am also willing to travel as far south as Martinsville. Depending on the deal I might be willing to travel a bit further. I'll have pictures of all the accessories and spare parts up later as I don't have any right now. If you are interested in any specific pictures please PM me and I'll be happy to take them and send them to you. Please keep all offers and questions via PM per forum rules.

Last edited:

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bump, I have a cash offer on the table that is awaiting funds. He suggested I bump my ad but I will only consider offers for items on my trade list or cash.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom