• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Ive never had deer scents work, it is said the stuff 'doe in heat'breaks down chemicaly after collected,in a short time ,cant bottle it fresh as you need it. Its best to have a deer smell NOTHING at all. But I buy it anyway,use it little now ,get my buck anyway too, but of no help from any urine/charcoal crap[Scentlok]/or other such crap, just dont move,wash with scentless soap,play the wind or stalk with stealth, its worked for many centuries.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've had excellent results using Tinks 69, grunt tubes, and rattling antlers.
    ONLY during strong rut. Any other time it's just a waste of time IHMO.
    I've only used the Tinks 69. Nothing else ever. It worked first time I used it and seen no need to change.
    I put the Tinks on the soles and heel sides of my boots and I've watched nice bucks follow my path right to my stand. Most never raised their head when hit. Lots of 10-15 yd shots. ONLY during a good strong rut though.
    I've turned bucks back to me with the tube and antlers both. I brought one back over 100 yds away with the antlers. Real not the fake ones. I think the antlers need to be less than 3 years old to get the right resonance out of them. Hit the antlers hard as you can when you use them also.
    Just my experience. Old country boy here and been shootin' and stick'n for more decades than I like to admit.
    The rut is the key. I read every post here and only caught one or two references to it.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Well, I learned a few things today.
    A. Deer do move when it is windy. I saw five in the first hour.
    B. My food plot of clover and brassacus (sp) didn't stop them, hold them, or even bring them in. They either walked past it or through it
    C. My fake scrape with HTS Lip Licker did draw a doe with a fawn and a buck. The doe walked over to it and curled her lip as she smelled it. The buck didn't make it to it before a Lightfield slug dropped him.
    D. My scent control worked. Two does and the buck went through where my scent should have been drifting but none of them twitched an ear. The buck even crossed my trail and glanced up at me as he walked by. I showered and washed my clothes in scent killing soap and wore scent-free rubber boots.
    It was all eye opening.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Well, I learned a few things today.
    A. Deer do move when it is windy. I saw five in the first hour.
    B. My food plot of clover and brassacus (sp) didn't stop them, hold them, or even bring them in. They either walked past it or through it
    C. My fake scrape with HTS Lip Licker did draw a doe with a fawn and a buck. The doe walked over to it and curled her lip as she smelled it. The buck didn't make it to it before a Lightfield slug dropped him.
    D. My scent control worked. Two does and the buck went through where my scent should have been drifting but none of them twitched an ear. The buck even crossed my trail and glanced up at me as he walked by. I showered and washed my clothes in scent killing soap and wore scent-free rubber boots.
    It was all eye opening.

B. Dont get discouraged in thinking the food plot doesn't work. You may be surprised at how many deer ARE staying in your area because of the plot. Holding deer basically means they are staying in your general area more rather than moving on to another for a food source. When I put out my last food plot the number of deer caught on camera went way up in the course of one year to the next. Just ecause you dont see them when hunting all the time doesnt mean they arent there. Right now they may be more apt to feed on other food sources that will soon be gone and that produce high carbs. Scout your plot in mid September and compare the numbers you see versus previous years. If you have a winter food source (which you do in the brassicas) watch it in late muzzleloader and late bow when the weather gets real bad. You may get a good suprise!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom