• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Im sure my attitude did not effect the stupid prices on the guns.
    The best thing we can do is keep this thread alive so the uninformed that do go there can find this post and stop going there and find the better guns shops in the area.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    Yep, put another tally in the "Pops sucks" category. The only thing I've ever bought there were a couple mags. Their surplus stuff is fairly priced, but that's it. I've seen an interesting selection of used guns there, but the pricing is always so bad I don't even try to haggle. I head the old guy telling a customer that they only mark-up used guns 10%, so they can move them :orly:

You heard it here first...Pop Guns pays retail for used gun trade-ins!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have been going to Pops for about 15 months 2 times a week. I enjoy shooting there. It could be the attitude you go in with that is causing your problems...... Justus

Na. I think it's because they are dicks and their **** is overpriced and their range sucks too.

Ill stick to beech grove firearms and U.S. Defense Solutions in greenwood.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Na. I think it's because they are dicks and their **** is overpriced and their range sucks too.

Ill stick to beech grove firearms and U.S. Defense Solutions in greenwood.

This. I live around the corner and do not go there anymore.

I can't stand the kid that was working there.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    My wife got me a range deal and I still have a coins for range time still. I went 4 times there and almost every time I left with a bad taste in my mouth. First time I returned a rental gun and the guy dry fired it in my chest. 2nd time I waited for a lane for about 45 minutes when lanes were open. Third time I asked about a shotgun and he never even got it off the rack for me. The last time I showed up and they were closed for range repair. Also, they never answer the phone so don't bother. I don't even remember anyone even buying a gun there when I was visiting. I have never been back.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This. I live around the corner and do not go there anymore.

I can't stand the kid that was working there.

The Kid still works there. Only thing he knows about guns is what the other employees have told him. I asked him to take a 1911 apart so I could check out the inside of the gun. He was clueless. Shot the end plug accross the room.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The Kid still works there. Only thing he knows about guns is what the other employees have told him. I asked him to take a 1911 apart so I could check out the inside of the gun. He was clueless. Shot the end plug accross the room.

LOL He did the same thing to me and my friend a long while ago.
    He was bragging that they had a Colt for sale but it was probably out of our price range:rolleyes: He proceeded to take it apart, lost half the parts on the floor and couldn't put it back together.

Later when we were leaving my friend wanted to smoke. So I was waiting for him when the kid came out and joined him for a smoke. When they were done the kid flicked the butt right at my car (convertible with the top down) and said "opps" when it landed at the very top of the windshield. Didn't even bother to get up and get it before it blew in:xmad:

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I too am not a fan of Pop Guns. I used to do business there when the owner's son worked the counter years ago. He was a decent and fair salesperson, at least to me. I had purchased several weapons and a fair amount of ammo there. After the son left, the other employees I dealt with were not friendly or helpful. I have completely discontinued doing business with them. I now deal primarily with the Beech Grove Firearms. Great people, reasonably fair prices and friendly service.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL He did the same thing to me and my friend a long while ago.
    He was bragging that they had a Colt for sale but it was probably out of our price range:rolleyes: He proceeded to take it apart, lost half the parts on the floor and couldn't put it back together.

Later when we were leaving my friend wanted to smoke. So I was waiting for him when the kid came out and joined him for a smoke. When they were done the kid flicked the butt right at my car (convertible with the top down) and said "opps" when it landed at the very top of the windshield. Didn't even bother to get up and get it before it blew in:xmad:

That would have gotten his A$$ kicked. My only issue with smokers is where they throw the butts. In my car...you better get it and quick.

jbrownrfn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Indy
    They were at 10th and mithoffer. use to go in there as a kid when my mom worked next door at the hair salon

We must have been there on the same days.

If my recall is accurate I believe that they were once located in a strip mall on the NW corner of 56th & Georgetown.

If indeed that was their old location on my only visit the arrogance drove me out the door before I could detect any incompetence.

jbrownrfn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Indy
    Bud your a better man than me somebody gonna dry fire at me im coming unglued

My wife got me a range deal and I still have a coins for range time still. I went 4 times there and almost every time I left with a bad taste in my mouth. First time I returned a rental gun and the guy dry fired it in my chest. 2nd time I waited for a lane for about 45 minutes when lanes were open. Third time I asked about a shotgun and he never even got it off the rack for me. The last time I showed up and they were closed for range repair. Also, they never answer the phone so don't bother. I don't even remember anyone even buying a gun there when I was visiting. I have never been back.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Its a short drive to Greenfield if you want to shoot indoors. There is a new gun shop here called HighSmith. (never paid much attention to prices) Its almost at the corner of 40 and SR 9, next to the post office.

The range is very nice and the guys are pretty friendly.

Top Bottom