• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 111NMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I bought a pistol there about 10 years ago, used the range a few times, but havent been back in a long time.

After work, I stopped in looking for a box of pistol ammo as a gift for a friend. I ask the guy behind the counter if he has any .380. Another guy says no, but he didnt say it to me, just sort of at me. I look over at him, but im not really sure if he is talking to me. So i look at my guy and he says that he doesnt have any practice ammo. THe other guy goes walking by and just says as he is passing, " I told him we didnt have any". Again not to me or my guy, but just in our vicinity. I can see that they DO have some. Again I look at my guy, and he says again that he has no practice, but has some self defense stuff. I say OK, because thats what i was looking for. He shows me a box of CorBon and a box of Remington. I look at both, check the hollow points, the grain, price etc, and since its a gift i decided on the CorBon. Then the other guy chimes in again, that its only for people who buy a gun. Oh, well why didnt you just say that??? I work in retail, and deal with people ALL DAY LONG. I SELL STUFF ALL DAY LONG. I help people accomplish things by finding stuff at my store, other stores in the area, or even competitors if thats what my customer needs. Excellent customer service is never a waste of time. This guy had several options he could have used to explain his store policy, which wouldnt have guaranteed that I would never step foot in that place again. And I understand that maybe he had a bad day, or his dog got runover, or whatever. But a few tactful questions, and I would have looked at a few guns, because that was the OTHER REASON I stopped in. There was a good chance that I would have purchased a pistol there, because Im itching for a new gun, and do believe in supporting my local shop, and its the closest one to my house.

But the big guy behind the counter made sure that I would never walk in that place again.

Brush up on your customer relations there big guy. Or not, its your business.

My .02 on Pop Guns

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I went there once. The owners/employees showed up exactly at opening time, wouldn't let anyone in (came in through the front door, locked it behind them). It was 5 degrees above zero that morning. F-them, hell will freeze over before I ever set foot in there again.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Went there looking for a mag for my m&p. The guy pulled one off the wall that wasn't in a package and gave me a 'brand new' price. I rubbed carbon off the follower with my thumb and looked at the guy. Didn't say anything, but he almost shouted at me again that it was brand new. I was hurting for a third mag so I made the buy. Got home and loaded it with ammo and the ammo shot out the bottom.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I live right around the corner from them. They are not on my list of places to even think of going to when looking for my next buy. They may as well be closed to me.

111NMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    But the big guy behind the counter made sure that I would never walk in that place again.

Was he the "older" gentleman...

The older guy was helping me.
    big guy was about 6'2", maybe 220lbs, buzz cut blondish hair, probably in his early 40s

111NMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wow,
    gotta say, i was hesitant in posting this and didnt really want to trash on them or incur the wrath of a bunch of supporters.
    I sort of thought that if anything, there would be some "i love that place, you caught em on a bad day". I guess not.

Im definitely not going back, but still, he should work on his PR. Its not that hard

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    they've got enough "government" sales, they don't really care about you chaps without your badge.

went there the first time 2 years ago, that was the last time, too.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I LOL'd when someone drove a truck through their wall. Ill lol again when one day they can't pay their bills and close. Jerks! And they know it and don't care. Guys this would be the gun shop that would report you for having hi-cap mags if they ever become illegal again.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like Terry, always a D1CK to everyone.

They are all rude, and think they are better than everyone. The man who has a beard, old guy, always wearing flannels, and suspenders is the worst. He is actually an idiot....it's funny to ask him questions that you know the answer to...because he doesn't but will feed you a line of BS then actually get mad and defend his "knowledge" when you call him on it. I won't give that place a dollar, but if you ever want a good laugh go in and talk to this guy...he is the most uneducated "expert" ever!!!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    they read them, or at least know about some of them. I doubt it hurts their business though... that place is always packed.

I don't think it's people actually buying anything though except range time? Well, I did see this girl one time buying 3-4 identical Bersa's (or equivalent lower priced guns) while the shady boyfriend hung back.

Top Bottom