• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Retail Gun Shop and Indoor Range for Sale
    The present owners have been involved in the retail firearms business for over 20 years and are looking to retire from retail to concentrate on their online business and spend time with their Grand children. The long time customers all know that Carolyn took over the business when Mike's doctors kept trying to kill him by giving him one life threatening issue after another ever time he went in for a physical. The sale includes all Range equipment, Filtration systems, signage, store fixtures, decorations excluding a few family personal possessions, POS and network computer systems and a turn key 23 year customer base that generates an average of over 18,000 transactions per year.
    • Purchase must keep present manager for a minimum of two years or buy out his contract.
    • Purchase must honor all present memberships until their expiration date.
    • Does not include any present ecommerce web sites or web network computers
    • Sellers will provide, host, design and maintain a non-ecommerce web site for new owners for a period of one year from sale at no charge.
    • Sellers will other 60 day consultation and or physical assistance to educate new owners.
    Absolutely no Business brokers or Realtors need to call, are invited to call or will be spoken too.

Cash Sale
    So cash in your 401K before Washington wipes it out and bring a Cashiers check made out to Carolyn Hilton for $485,001.19 and you too can be in the gun business.
    Or you can open a new store and range for approx $650,000 plus advertising and wait to develop a customer base that will afford you over 18,000 transactions a year.

Gun Range for sale

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hate to see them sell out as I always got along well w/ Mike and even bought out his Oakley store last year.Bummer!

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Darn and I only have 485,001.07...

I suppose the new owner would have to have their own ffl, I doubt that transfers with the business.

I dont think I would be buying a two year contract for the manager. He/she would be considered for the job of course.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Darn and I only have 485,001.07...

I suppose the new owner would have to have their own ffl, I doubt that transfers with the business.

I dont think I would be buying a two year contract for the manager. He/she would be considered for the job of course.

Good points and no mention of inventory or real estate and with the declining neighborhood a new location might be a good thing. If I were to invest that kind of money it would be on a sure thing, betting the Colts won't make the Super Bowl this year or next ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What's with the extra $1.19 They couldn't round it down? What, is he planning to use the extra money to buy a McDonald's coke on the way out of the signing meeting?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Everyone I have ever seen buy a gun business pays too much, gets screwed royally because they don't know what they're doing, and ends up closing after a year or two.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone else think the sellers may know something we do not know? In the old Navy, the rats on the ship always knew when the ship was going to sink before the crew knew it was going to. To find a safe way off the ship was to follow the rats.

I am sorry this is happening. I like Mike and the rest of the family too.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    :ar15:$485,001.19 divided by the 1,424 members is only $340.59 each! Less than my next XD! SOMEBODY PM FENWAY!!!

:rockwoot:

That is cheap :D but all you would own is an empty indoor range, no inventory, no real estate, an unknown manager for 2 years with an undisclosed salary - sounds like quite the deal ;)

Top Bottom