• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    I went there a few time and wasn't impressed with the place. Being on the north side I was happy when Tim's and Point Blank in Carmel opened. The facilities are real nice and Point Blank gave me a few comp cards for the range since I was there the first week they opened.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yeah I can't say I would miss that place. I stopped going to PopGuns the second Highsmith opened in Greenfield. The last time I went to Pops, I had to wait for an hour to finally shoot, only to leave prematurely because the guy next to me was banging his gun around and looking down the barrel because it was jammed.

Man, I would have had to stay for the outcome of that. JK

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks venenoindy, I stopped too as no ones answering the phone, and Terry told me Friday the 13th, unfortunately I will be headed to Michigan for Firearms Deer Season, opening on the 15th.

Guess I shall shoot some pine trees.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I wont go in Pop guns anyway ,no loss, unless they will change the personnel for friendly ones. Ones that actually acknowledge your standing there and not then be aggravated you want something.

Pharaoh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It's interesting to me all the bad feedback I see. I've always had a decent experience when I was there. Prompt service, even by the older guy, and the prices were competitive with everyone around town. They ended up being the cheapest on my most recent purchase. The selection, however, wasn't all that great and the range is super small. I didn't care for the lack of table space behind for loading. I've really never been here when it was busy, so I can speak to the ventilation during heavy times. I could see it getting rough in there if it was busy.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just not what I have experienced in the years I've dealt with them.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    It's interesting to me all the bad feedback I see. I've always had a decent experience when I was there. Prompt service, even by the older guy, and the prices were competitive with everyone around town. They ended up being the cheapest on my most recent purchase. The selection, however, wasn't all that great and the range is super small. I didn't care for the lack of table space behind for loading. I've really never been here when it was busy, so I can speak to the ventilation during heavy times. I could see it getting rough in there if it was busy.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just not what I have experienced in the years I've dealt with them.

Pharaoh,

I agree with you... I've NEVER had a bad experience there and they were always helpful and friendly.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    A lot of my distaste for them comes from when they wouldn't give me my job back when I returned from a deployment to Iraq. I was being paid under the table before so there wasn't much I could do about it.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I bought several guns from them when they were on 10th and Mike was out front. When they moved and Mike worked out back, it went to hell quick. The old guy that worked there was a total jerk. He always wanted to argue with why I wanted something. His suggestions were always better. Every once in awhile you could find a deal, but mostly overpriced, low quality accessories and overpriced guns.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I bought several guns from them when they were on 10th and Mike was out front. When they moved and Mike worked out back, it went to hell quick. The old guy that worked there was a total jerk. He always wanted to argue with why I wanted something. His suggestions were always better. Every once in awhile you could find a deal, but mostly overpriced, low quality accessories and overpriced guns.

Sums it up nicely.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I bought a gun from them ONCE. It was Terry and he wanted to sell me a 1911. I wanted a M&P. I bought the M&P and told him to come down and buy a truck from us. He did so I guess it works both ways...:draw:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I believe its under new managemnt now. It sucked before the prices were through the roof.
    Its actually an all new business with new firearm inventory. Mike Jr just bought the rental guns and a few accessories from his dad, the rest is all new. Jr did buy the surplus store from his dad and will be running it just like it has been ran before.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Its actually an all new business with new firearm inventory. Mike Jr just bought the rental guns and a few accessories from his dad, the rest is all new. Jr did buy the surplus store from his dad and will be running it just like it has been ran before.

Will have to check it out again. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom