• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I am looking to add a portable solar panel kit to my preps. I have looked at the Goal 10, but wondered if anyone had one to recommend that they had experience with. I would like to be able to charge AA, AAA, and C cell batteries, Kindle, audio players and other assorted devices.

Rexmage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    Marshall Co
    I can tell one type to avoid, being Rothco. I bought a small oh...6 x 10 panel that was reportedly able to charge AA, AAA, C, and if you had the correct plugs, things such as Ipods, Ipads, phones, and the like. I got about 2 and a half weeks of use out of it before the internal connection, like where the cord inserts died. It was glued and sealed shut so it wasn't able to pull open, and I wouldn't know what to do even if I got it open. In short, it was a 33 dollar plus tax lesson.

mattinindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    I deal with PV on some commercial roofs. Lots of technical issues and panels need to be constantly cleaned/maintained to function at high capacity. Price though for panels has dropped significantly so may be worth trying out.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Check out the Instapark Mercury 10 Watt. From the reviews I read, it has a higher output than the Goal Zero and outperforms it in overcast sunlight. So far mine has worked really well.

Top Bottom