• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well they could "get away" with it like hammond is ***IF** they do not enforce it. :facepalm:
    That is what the judge said in the case of the city of hammond.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well they could "get away" with it like hammond is ***IF** they do not enforce it. :facepalm:
    That is what the judge said in the case of the city of hammond.

They have a lot of ordinances that they don't enforce. I suppose most people assume they cannot carry in the government buildings, but this is good info! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But.. But.. Your gun may go off and kill all the children on a field trip. Oh the horror... Why are you not thinking of the children. ;)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    But.. But.. Your gun may go off and kill all the children on a field trip. Oh the horror... Why are you not thinking of the children. ;)

I do my best to avoid five year olds so I think I should be safe. :laugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Good start to the fair season.

My younger daughter is the Champion of her age group in instrumental music performance (piano) and Reserve Grand Champion overall. She will be playing at the fair Thursday (the judging took place in a closed session Saturday) and has been invited to the State Fair.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Nice.

Our start has been all drama so far. :):

I understand that. My younger son finished his model car and rocket last night. The melee' that is check in for non-livestock projects is going on right now, as I'm sure you know. I am at work. God Bless my wife.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I understand that. My younger son finished his model car and rocket last night. The melee' that is check in for non-livestock projects is going on right now, as I'm sure you know. I am at work. God Bless my wife.
    Yeah. I was at the fairgrounds dropping off a camper last night. I have to go back tomorrow and set it up for them.

She is right next to the grandstands. I'm not sure how much they will end up blocking the view, but she will be able to hear all of the concerts like she paid.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was there last night to move dairy goats in. No signs of metal detectors, nor any signs of anyone even thinking along the lines of looking for people carrying.

Anyone going to the concert tonight, I don't know how they assign the seats, but you might want to avoid the seats closer to the stage and stick to the grandstands. It could be a bit muddy down there.

They are also predicting over 9000 people for the concert tonight, which is supposed to be the biggest ever at the PCF. So get there early and plan to take a while to get out.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    So we got rained out of the concert after five songs, but just wanted to let people know how it went as far as admission to the grandstand area. They had deputies working the entry area and had canine units sniffing purses/bags. No backpacks were allowed in. They were not physically searching purses, but had us set them on folding chairs and the dogs sniffed them. There was no type of check being done for firearms that were concealed.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It was fun....that's what we keep telling ourselves. We were in the car for over an hour before we were even able to get out of the parking spot. At least we didn't get stuck. We were in the parking area on the far east end by the grandstand, and it was a MESS by the time they got the cars out that were stuck. So much mud....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It was fun....that's what we keep telling ourselves. We were in the car for over an hour before we were even able to get out of the parking spot. At least we didn't get stuck. We were in the parking area on the far east end by the grandstand, and it was a MESS by the time they got the cars out that were stuck. So much mud....
    My wife was telling me about it. I am glad I was at home. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That was quite a storm.

Kept me from flying home from New York...but that's a story for another time.

Sitting in the airport, I did get to enjoy several texts from my wife about how bad the traffic was on Division heading to the fairgrounds. It took her an hour....and we live 2.5 miles from the fairgrounds.

I should be a better man, but seeing as I spent all of Friday night/Saturday morning getting from one New York airport to another, I felt like sitting in an air-conditioned van on Division wasn't the worst horror story in the world.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    The girlfriend and I went to the Demolition Derby last night. Besides the constant sprinkle of rain, it was awesome.

I was just kind of bummed there wasn't a beer garden anywhere. Next time I'll bring a flask or two... they didn't search anything at the gate. :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The girlfriend and I went to the Demolition Derby last night. Besides the constant sprinkle of rain, it was awesome.

I was just kind of bummed there wasn't a beer garden anywhere. Next time I'll bring a flask or two... they didn't search anything at the gate. :):
    More people ignore that restriction than the one on firearms.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Kept me from flying home from New York...but that's a story for another time.

Sitting in the airport, I did get to enjoy several texts from my wife about how bad the traffic was on Division heading to the fairgrounds. It took her an hour....and we live 2.5 miles from the fairgrounds.

I should be a better man, but seeing as I spent all of Friday night/Saturday morning getting from one New York airport to another, I felt like sitting in an air-conditioned van on Division wasn't the worst horror story in the world.
    LOL. Why on Earth was she on Division to begin with? I will detour way around there unless I am actually going to the fair.

Top Bottom