• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Just at dark last night I was pulling my boat out of the river. It was an isolated, dark ramp and no one was around. I was standing in the bed of my truck pulling the boat up (very shallow ramp)when a Conservation Officer pulled up asking if I could use a hand. I was carrying OWB with a jacket over it. I know I didn’t have to inform the officer but thought it best since I would be crawling around hooking up the boat. She thanked me for the notice. Just about that time my landing net hung up on a trailer guide and I had to walk the trailer and climb into the boat to free the net. The officer then helped by pulling the rope and aligning the boat on the trailer.

I pulled the boat out and secured it for the road. During this 5-10 minutes the officer and I chatted about fishing and the river. When all was ready to go, the officer said she was going to check a few things. She made mention that she saw my boat registration was current and then asked for my LTCH. I pulled it from my wallet and handed it to her. She looked it over and looked at my drivers license that was in the open wallet on the truck hood before handing it back and thanking me. She then asked about a life jacket and throw cushion. I had the life jacket on under my coat and the throw cushion was sitting on the seat. We chatted for a few minutes more before both pulling away.

I know this is a nothing happened post but felt compelled to say just how helpful, pleasant and professional this lady was. In thinking back on the encounter she taught me something else too. Fully intentional or not in a non threatening situation the officer was always in the right physical position in relation to her car, the boat/truck and me. Kudos to her. She was doing her job, very professional about it and pretty cool at the same time. I’m glad she’s out there watching our fish and game.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Nice glad she didnt give you the business.

are throw bags required for all water vessels or just certain boats?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Great story, OP!

Two questions:

1) Did you get her name? (She might appreciate an "attagirl" from a member of the public and from her boss)

2) Did she look anything like your avatar? :naughty: OK, disregard that last, but if you got her name, drop the DNR a message. Could be good for everyone. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Great story, OP!

Two questions:

1) Did you get her name? (She might appreciate an "attagirl" from a member of the public and from her boss)

2) Did she look anything like your avatar? :naughty: OK, disregard that last, but if you got her name, drop the DNR a message. Could be good for everyone. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

You are right Bill. I'll look up the number now and make the call in the morning.

The avatar is a picture of the Greek goddess Artemis. She was the daughter of Zeus, carried a longbow and was considered to be the goddess of the hunt. Artemis is a name I affectionately called my wife after she took her first deer with a bow. The avatar is to honor and remind me of her. And in my eye, the wife looks every bit as good as the avatar.

Top Bottom