• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I have been seeing sign of them quite a bit in Pike Co. Most notably a winter (snow) kill site I found in 2014 where one killed 3 opossums from a den tree. My turkey numbers have really fallen in the last few years. I have only seen bobcats three times on the farm they are pretty sneaky. the first being a single in 2010. and later a female with 2 young in 2012. and one during bow season this fall.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I called a couple in this winter. The one at night was under red light and walked 30yds out to the caller, went to a ditch and came back to the caller and looked at it. Could have shot him a hundred times. The 2nd was before dark and came into a pasture field and sat down and watched me from 30 yds away. It watched me for 5 minutes then walked off. If a season comes in I'll never see one.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Agree with two70 season is overdue. Martin county where we hunt is loaded with cats. Normal to see one or two while sitting in a deer stand, come into coyote calls etc, there is plenty to go around.

I'm from Martin County and still hunt there when not hunting in Putnam County. You couldn't be more correct with the bobcat situation in Martin. One of my regular trail cam locations is guaranteed to produce pictures of 2-3 bobcats per week in the fall and I have had up to 6 different cats during a week before.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    we still have an unlimited season for grey fox in indiana and i havn't seen one in 25 years and that concerns me more than the bobcat thing.

Good point on the fox. Not sure if I've ever seen a grey and it's been a few years since I've seen a red in person. Even with all the trail cams I have used since 2009 I think I have 1 picture of a red.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    theres still a few in the southert part of the state, back in the 70's used to catch almost as many grey fox a coon. sure miss thoes fiesty little buggers, they are known as one of the only members of the canine family that climb trees.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I think the grey fox and groundhogs both got hit hard with distemper 25 years ago and never recovered.As far as bobcats,I have never heard of them overpopulating-certainly not to the extent that raccoons do.No doubt bobcats kill turkeys,but I would say that coons raiding nest outdo them 20-1.Turkeys populations seem to have leveled off the last 4-5 years.Not sure why,but I doubt if bobcats had much to do with it.I'm a coon hunter and don't normally kill a lot,but after all I have been seeing on my trail cams I am going to stack them up come November.A coon,possum,skunk or possibly the black vultures that we have been blessed with the last few years can wipe out a whole turkey nest in minutes.

bbucking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2016
    Monroe County
    What use do you get out of a cat, only taxidermy and fur that I can think of. Anyone know of any other use? I've never heard of them being used for meat.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'd love to get one mounted! I see them from time to time and I'm very positive they are alive and well in my area. We've had some come in while coyote hunting and things. Being able to shoot one would be pretty cool!

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    we cooked some bobcat a friend of mine brought back from his trapline in kansas. very good but like any other meat the young ones are best

SSilvers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I've seen Bobcats for the last 30 years here in Henry County. I know of several within 2 miles of my house.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    have a few on my place.......this one is trying to catch a flying squirrel.....

15eu25u.jpg

Top Bottom