• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    I know this has been talked about here before,but I have a big cat sighting.(unfortunately no pics to share). My father and father-in-law were out behind my barn in the west creek area of Lowell (NWI) and spotted some type of big cat crossing the property. Our dog large rottweiler took off after it but the animal stood its ground slightly crouched! The dog stopped about fifteen to yards short of reaching it. And the animal stood still but as my dad started to approach it turned and ran off. He said it ran like a cat and cleared a fence easily. He described a couger but he said it was some what dark in color and he said it had a long tail it held mostly straight behind it with a slight curl at the very end. Any one have any simalar sightings or ideas.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know this has been talked about here before,but I have a big cat sighting.(unfortunately no pics to share).

d11.jpg

My wife believes she saw a cougar in the woods at Buckley Homestead in Lowell while horesback riding.

I thought about helping with pics here, too, but then again the mods might not appreciate it! (Remember the 'bragging rights' thread that ended badly!)

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    There have been photographic sightings in southwestern Michigan and considering a potential 500sq mi range for adult males, its not out of the realm of real possibility that they have ventured this far south by now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    don't see why not. Gary police shot and killed a panther several years back. claimed it was an "escaped" pet.

if one could live in a city, one could easily live in the country.

It wouldn't surprise me either way if it was an escaped pet or wild. And you would probably be surprised at the amount of wildlife in Gary (actual wildlife not the other kind). I knew a guy who used to have 2 tigers as pets in that area, and if you were ever in Royboy's tattoo shop when it was open....... Let alone the stories I heard about his house.

Last time I was at the shop with a friend he had 3 tiger cubs a full grown cougar, a 8 week old grizzly bear cub and a alligator. At least that was what I saw. The cougar was friendly, tiger cubs :dunno: although the way they were looking at a toddler I wouldn't bet on it. The bear was cute as all get out. I heard momma wasn't quite as cute and she was at his house.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I know for sure of the excaped one in Brazil. Photos and all of it a true excapee. Even meet the teacher who took the photo's. They even know it's name.

I have it on good solid I believe him always truth about a mated pair in crane NWB. No photo's I know of but I know a guy who said he saw them together.

First time hearing about any northern ones. I have one seen the very large house cats and one time in 1982 a bobcat around here. Some lady has those weird ocecats breeds around here and they are real big cats. And maine coons are some big cats.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I to have heard about cougars at Crane and last year they were some sightings in Lawerance county but never seen any pics were all belivers of your big Cat story LOL

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I saw... something, this morning going to work. Topped a small rise and the bottom of my lights just caught a shape running across the road. It was about 8-9 feet long, 2 feet or a bit better tall, head was just off road and the end of the tail was almost to the center line on the narrow country road. Dark colored but not black, long tail with a slight curve to the end, and it was running in an almost slinky manner. Stopped on the way home to see if there were any tracks but the ground was very ahrd and I didn't find any.
    Was talking to a couple of co-workers who are familiar with this area and one has a friend that got a pic of one crossing a road just a few miles away.

Last edited:

aka-kesler

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Yes they are among us... In fulton Co. the local news pic taker had pics of tracks behind a Dairy barn that a cola can would sit in..and yes they were cat tracks no toenails.!! Around here there have been sightings of a pair.. mostly Black in color. All I have talked to that have experienced a sighting describe the same size and color. My neighbor lost his goat herd to a big cat several years ago and we tracked it to a 300+ acre no mans land lots of swamp and woods and such. Wish i woulda got pics of the tracks and devistation it left behind....

Top Bottom