• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I might have an opportunity to move to Ohio for work. I have a Indiana LTCH and Utah permit, will I be able to carry on the Utah permit until I get an Ohio permit?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Please check the info at: http://handgunlaw.us/states/ohio.pdf

But specifically, no, your plan is not legal in OH. Your Utah permit is valid but ONLY if you are an Indiana resident. Once your establish residency in OH, which you must do to begin the process of getting an Ohio permit, your Indiana LTCH and therefore your Utah permit are both invalid.

Ohio is tricky because you may OPEN CARRY without any permit but you have to follow special transportation rules when you are in your car. The details are all in that Handgun Law link above.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    We'll be moving to the Dayton area from TN. Overall not excited about the area but there are nice parts, we are looking at Bellbrook and the area to the SE of Dayton.

What kind of work do you do that would bring you to Dayton?

I've been traveling there for work for a while so if you have any questions about the area, let me know.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Romad thanks I will have to meet up with you if we are close. I guess I was just hoping I could carry on the Utah until I got the Ohio permit.

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Similar situation with me. I have an Indiana LTCH and just moved to Mississippi. MS residents may OC without a permit but they require one to CC. Anyone know if my IN LTCH becomes invalid once I obtain a MS drivers license of if I can still CC as usual? I need to read into the MS laws more but I believe it says somewhere I need to be a resident for a year before I can apply for a MS CC permit....

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    I did just the oppisite. Born and raised in Ohio transfered to Chicago but live in Indiana ( and loving Indiana) i also have Utah but couldnt carry with it when becoming a hoosier. Ohio is more restrictive and law enforcement not nearly as nice as Indiana. LEO have a huge pet peeve about notification! The longer i live in Indiana the more i realy love this state. If i rember Ohio has a 12 hour course you must take. Not a big deal very easy. Look for work in Indiana.

Top Bottom