• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Trying to see how many people would be interested in a Saturday USPSA match at SCGC. It would be the second Saturday before our Sunday match. PLEASE respond if interested and of course we would need some assistance with ROing. Thanks in advance and hope we can get enough people to make this happen.

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    When would you set up for the match?
    And, when would we be able to set up for the normal USPSA match on Sunday, since Saturday is the usual set up day?

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It seems like South Central’s turn out is the lightest of the matches I attend. I think it may just be the location of the club because they do put down good matches consistently.
    I think you’d have even lighter turn out as the same day as WVRPC

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    It seems like South Central’s turn out is the lightest of the matches I attend. I think it may just be the location of the club because they do put down good matches consistently.
    I think you’d have even lighter turn out as the same day as WVRPC
    Isn't WVRPC the first Saturday?
    However this is the same weekend as Area 5 Steel at Riley and I would think that will hurt turn out a little both days.
    Lots of matches to choose from and with some clubs running Steel more than once a month there will be conflicts.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Isn't WVRPC the first Saturday?
    However this is the same weekend as Area 5 Steel at Riley and I would think that will hurt turn out a little both days.
    Lots of matches to choose from and with some clubs running Steel more than once a month there will be conflicts.
    You’re right, it does seem like there has been a few weekends I shot wvrpc and SC back to back though, maybe the way the days of the month fell out?
    Give it a shot maybe you’ll get a decent turnout!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    South Central shot 1st Sunday for years. Same weekend as WVRPC.
    They moved to second Sunday when Silver Creek closed this year.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    When would you set up for the match?
    And, when would we be able to set up for the normal USPSA match on Sunday, since Saturday is the usual set up day?
    Set up time has not been finalized yet but would probably start around 8am.
    Stages would be what is planned for Sunday.

Last edited:

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I am not clear what you are asking. Are you wanting to run one match on a Saturday in June or wanting to move that there full time?

If full time.... Most months, the "Saturday before the second Sunday" is the first Saturday of the month which is Wildcat's USPSA match, which also already butts up against Riley's steel challenge match. There are definitely people in the middle of all that who go all those places.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Looks like my understanding of dates is poor. Second Saturday doesn't conflict with any uspsa. Good luck on a two day format. We had success at ACC with it. The down side is you cannibalize your own match with people not coming both days. Upside is more shooting. Making it two matches by changing some targets allows people to shoot the same division both days. We ran it as a single two day match.

I am not clear what you are asking. Are you wanting to run one match on a Saturday in June or wanting to move that there full time?

If full time.... Most months, the "Saturday before the second Sunday" is the first Saturday of the month which is Wildcat's USPSA match, which also already butts up against Riley's steel challenge match. There are definitely people in the middle of all that who go all those places.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Sorry for the confusion or lack of clarity. Let me try this again...lol!
    1. Match date: Second Saturday of the month.
    2. Setup time would be around 8am but is an estimate only at this point.
    3. Stages: Same as what would be on Sunday.
    4. ROs would be needed of course.

DOWNRANGE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Looks like my understanding of dates is poor. Second Saturday doesn't conflict with any uspsa. Good luck on a two day format. We had success at ACC with it. The down side is you cannibalize your own match with people not coming both days. Upside is more shooting. Making it two matches by changing some targets allows people to shoot the same division both days. We ran it as a single two day match.
    Sorry for the confusing verbiage and thanks for the advice and encouragement.

Top Bottom