Post a pic of your project car or show car!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Not 75 mph in first gear at 7,000 rpm with 4.10 gears and a short tire. Not possible.

On 7 cylinders it went 10.4@136 on a 125ish shot. That was with crapier tires and heavier wheel's..... notice the MPH.

A 28 inch tall tire is not exactly short...... not really tall but not short.

It was a built up BBC, single plain intake, big cam, open exhaust, rectangular port not the oval junk, 850 carb the flowed 1,050 or a little less CFM... (the old ported BG carb's that he built as sleeper's)

This car was built to race and go fast........ not cruise around.... I am sure by the time the car ended up shifting it was closer to 7,500 RPM... I shifted when the light came on, it was a 7K pill, there is a delay from the time the light comes on to when you are shifting then to when the tranny shift's...... no air shifter or anything.

I have no reason to lie though.... that car is long gone........ beleive it if you want or don't......... It could have been 70MPH.... it has been a while...... it was 70 something though....... any who....... who cares.....

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :popcorn: I had a mustang with a stock 351w that would do 80 in second because that's all the gears I had... :dunno: :D True story. However, I broke the fan belt on I74 cruising at 70mph and popped the tire... with only second gear... :):

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    unless it was an aftermarket block with 4.5 or bigger bore with lots of compression with a camshaft in the 800 lift range and dominator carb no way it went 900 hp without juice. been there done that. our 555" 14-1 compression 800 lift solid roller dart pro 1 heads 1200 dominator was only 800hp. zimmerman bro. in greensburg dynoed several of the cominations and 800hp was it.

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    On 7 cylinders it went 10.4@136 on a 125ish shot. That was with crapier tires and heavier wheel's..... notice the MPH.

A 28 inch tall tire is not exactly short...... not really tall but not short.

It was a built up BBC, single plain intake, big cam, open exhaust, rectangular port not the oval junk, 850 carb the flowed 1,050 or a little less CFM... (the old ported BG carb's that he built as sleeper's)

This car was built to race and go fast........ not cruise around.... I am sure by the time the car ended up shifting it was closer to 7,500 RPM... I shifted when the light came on, it was a 7K pill, there is a delay from the time the light comes on to when you are shifting then to when the tranny shift's...... no air shifter or anything.

I have no reason to lie though.... that car is long gone........ beleive it if you want or don't......... It could have been 70MPH.... it has been a while...... it was 70 something though....... any who....... who cares.....

on 7 cylinders? who makes a 7 cylinder motor

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

You are ASSUMING that it has a factory 2.48 gear..... put in 2.10 then figure for shift delay by adding about 500....... what do we see? 69.9MPH...... we could also figure in tire growth...... would me minimal but the 70MPH is now doable.........

The more I think about it it was 70..... the gauges only showed even number's and I was looking at a 7 so it had to be 70.

Next time ask what the first gear in the tranny is :).

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    unless it was an aftermarket block with 4.5 or bigger bore with lots of compression with a camshaft in the 800 lift range and dominator carb no way it went 900 hp without juice. been there done that. our 555" 14-1 compression 800 lift solid roller dart pro 1 heads 1200 dominator was only 800hp. zimmerman bro. in greensburg dynoed several of the cominations and 800hp was it.

900hp on the bottle, said the 70mph run was off the bottle. I allready proved your RPM argument wrong so let's let it go.

If you are only making 800hp with a 555 someone need's to find another builder..... there are at least two local's with 555 ish BBC's making 900-1,000hp off the bottle, both built by the same guy, one is a street car.

Id never run Pro 1's on a BBC......... ever.

Same builder has a 555 motor that could be street driven, about 1,000hp on the motor, another 1,000 hp or so in bottle threw multiple stages...

Most builder's will tell you a 555 can make 900hp with not much effort.

on 7 cylinders? who makes a 7 cylinder motor

Threw an intake rocker arm on the number 7 hole.

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    tactical dave said:

So you are saying you ran all that with major exhaust and intake restriction then? i find that hard to believe... you were either in extreme low compression or extreme high compression on that cylinder. Which would give you motor wobble and decrease torque and HP..... I find it very hard...

I build race cars for a living......

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    900hp on the bottle, said the 70mph run was off the bottle. I allready proved your RPM argument wrong so let's let it go.

If you are only making 800hp with a 555 someone need's to find another builder..... there are at least two local's with 555 ish BBC's making 900-1,000hp off the bottle, both built by the same guy, one is a street car.

Id never run Pro 1's on a BBC......... ever.

Same builder has a 555 motor that could be street driven, about 1,000hp on the motor, another 1,000 hp or so in bottle threw multiple stages...

Most builder's will tell you a 555 can make 900hp with not much effort.

your the one who said never messed with the nitrous. not me. you read and believe to many hotrod mags

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    your the one who said never messed with the nitrous. not me. you read and believe to many hotrod mags

What does the nitrous have to do with anything?????? You beleive in dyno sheet's when many racer's don't even bother with dyno's.

Still don't know what the nitrous had to do with anything?????? Guess you got your feeling's hurt because you got all puffed up and did not bother to ask what gearing the tranny had...... all well.

Take it to PM's guys, your wasting a perfectly good thread.

Im done with it, he called me out, not the other way around.... he was proven wrong and got his feeling hurt because of it so I consider it a dead issue........ it's why I hate the racer crap...... everyone feel's they have to call out everyone......

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    th_JuneJuly2009050.jpg
    th_JuneJuly2009049.jpg

'93 S-10 blazer, 454, TH400, divorced NP205, 3/4 ton axles, full hydro steer, 46" mickeys. 3 years and counting.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So you are saying you ran all that with major exhaust and intake restriction then? i find that hard to believe... you were either in extreme low compression or extreme high compression on that cylinder. Which would give you motor wobble and decrease torque and HP..... I find it very hard...

I build race cars for a living......

It was carbed, the exhaust valve still worked..... it was just a cylinder getting no fuel.... it ran pretty good, you could hear a tick from the push rod hitting the valve cover though. This made the other cylinder's run a little rich...... the other piston's looked rich also. It was a pretty loppy motor, was said to sound like an angy popcorn machine on steiroids.... i am sure it would have been a little smoother on all 8. Many car's still run fast with not all 8 firing........

th_JuneJuly2009050.jpg
    th_JuneJuly2009049.jpg

'93 S-10 blazer, 454, TH400, divorced NP205, 3/4 ton axles, full hydro steer, 46" mickeys. 3 years and counting.

Sweet, I love big jacked up truck's!

Top Bottom