• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooiserfloyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    You've been a member for 2.5 years. I wouldn't exactly call that "new".

Must of posted in the : I'm leaving because _______: Thread at one point or another.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

I wish there was some way to not have people keep posting this same exact thread every two days. Maybe a FAQ or a sticky or something. Nah, they'd never read it.

Or a search feature where they could look for these "I cant respond to classifieds" threads that other people have made. Also the "What's wrong with UBC" threads. I try not to get fired up when those pop up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, I'm very new to this site, and so far I am having a good time, and learning a great deal from you guys. My problem is this: While taking a peek through the classafieds, I have found a few guns that I am interested in. However, I can't PM the seller because I'm a dirty noob. :(

I don't want to be an annoying little pest who chimes in on everyones posts with "yes", or "I agree", or "What he said". Ive posted on a few things that I have opinions on, but nowhere near where I need to be.

Is there a kosher way to get the magical 50 posts so I can start trading you guys dead presidents for guns?

You have been here since Setp. of 10................get with it man. Post up.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So, I'm very new to this site, and so far I am having a good time, and learning a great deal from you guys. My problem is this: While taking a peek through the classafieds, I have found a few guns that I am interested in. However, I can't PM the seller because I'm a dirty noob. :(

I don't want to be an annoying little pest who chimes in on everyones posts with "yes", or "I agree", or "What he said". Ive posted on a few things that I have opinions on, but nowhere near where I need to be.

Is there a kosher way to get the magical 50 posts so I can start trading you guys dead presidents for guns?
    It's like Politics. You can buy the laws and privilidges. Sorry, couldn't resist a stretch on the comparison. LOL!
    Patience Young Skywalker. It's all in the rules (sticky).
    This ain't the Constitution that you can magically ignore or circumvent.
    Oh, and I never told you Welcome to INGO. Sorry

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's like Politics. You can buy the laws and privilidges. Sorry, couldn't resist a stretch on the comparison. LOL!
    Patience Young Skywalker. It's all in the rules (sticky).
    This ain't the Constitution that you can magically ignore or circumvent.
    Oh, and I never told you Welcome to INGO. Sorry

Killing it Harry................................:rockwoot:

mwcooke

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    You have been here since Setp. of 10................get with it man. Post up.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how that happened. As mentioned in my greeting post, I got on here the other day to see what this site was about, and my username was taken. My user name is neeeeeeeever taken. So I tried to lot in with my "usual" password. Low and behold...I was a member...with 0 posts. Don't remember registering to this site, but it was me for sure. Anyway, bring on the hazing. You gotta make the "new" guy feel like a tool once and a while. That's forum 101, and I am proud to be your tool! Wait...that sounded different than it looks...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, I'm not really sure how that happened. As mentioned in my greeting post, I got on here the other day to see what this site was about, and my username was taken. My user name is neeeeeeeever taken. So I tried to lot in with my "usual" password. Low and behold...I was a member...with 0 posts. Don't remember registering to this site, but it was me for sure. Anyway, bring on the hazing. You gotta make the "new" guy feel like a tool once and a while. That's forum 101, and I am proud to be your tool! Wait...that sounded different than it looks...

That's alright, we've got people with thousands of posts who keep forgetting that they've already registered.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Use "attention whore" posts.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute

I wish there was some way to not have people keep posting this same exact thread every two days. Maybe a FAQ or a sticky or something. Nah, they'd never read it.

Whats a FAQ? Can I buy one here? And the sticky stuff I know of should be washed off your hands as soon as possible.

Sigh.....if only there was some way to search for all this info....sigh

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ted's a "Shooter".

I checked his last few posts and didn't see anything so bad...something musta went down and got deleted.

He's been pushing the mods' buttons since approximately two seconds after he joined. I talked the staff out of banning him on at least two separate occasions when I was still modding. I'm astonished he lasted this long. What went down in the funny pic thread was mild when taken on its own, but was the last straw in a LONG string of abusive behavior.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was in the Funny Pictures Thread Part 3. Got all mouthy with the mods and posted some pics (I didn't see them myself, but that was the gist).

He's been pushing the mods' buttons since approximately two seconds after he joined. I talked the staff out of banning him on at least two separate occasions when I was still modding. I'm astonished he lasted this long. What went down in the funny pic thread was mild when taken on its own, but was the last straw in a LONG string of abusive behavior.

I think I'm up to speed now.

What amazes me more is that somehow I've overlooked that thread for so long...:laugh:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not surprising in the least. He's been pushing more than just mod buttons. I think he relished in pushing just about everyone's buttons.

Top Bottom