• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Never forget, just a week ago we were all "gunning up" for really, really rough times ahead. Maybe better to not allow ourselves back into that position?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    AR15's are like lego's for adults, who doesn't want a whole room full of lego's!!! I saw that Colt is making a new M16A1 clone soon, love to have one! Heck I would love an SP1, sadly those prices won't go down I wouldn't think. But the basic AR's, yep end of this year is going to be a buffet.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Pricing will come down even more. I have friends that hoarded 10 stripped lowers a piece!
    There is definitely a ton of capacity, ton of inventory and a bunch of people that overbought.

I bought an MMC Armory not too long ago off gunbroker, good outfit out of IL.
    They have a gun available direct on their website for $650.

Everything is manufactured in house so fit is amazing & the trigger is super refined out of the box.
    No affiliation with the company, just a happy customer!

I was talking with a couple guys last night and it made me wonder what's going to happen now.

Like many others I was expecting a panic before the election just in case she was elected. The great news is it didn't happen. I know part of it is because it's been flooded for a while and that there are so many makers now.

PSA has had some killer deals, in case you haven't noticed. A good AR could be built for less than $600 easy. Take away the EPT trigger and Magpul furniture and it could've been had for $500. That's a deal no matter what the PSA haters say. I believe PSA has sold so much now that they'll have to drop prices even more to keep stuff selling.

As for AK's I don't know much. I haven't paid attention. Hopefully someone else can share their opinions.

I don't plan to stop buying. I think it's going to be getting better and I'm looking forward to it.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I'm throwing my :twocents: here. I cant imagine ARs getting much cheaper, definitely some room for the higher end stuff to come down a little but I don't see much. AKs on the other hand, I can see coming down drastically if more rifles are approved for import, sanctions are lifted off of Russia, or dare I dream, China! Also if we can bring in more surplus parts kits and get that stupid barrel ban lifted.

lstout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 16, 2016
    NW Indy
    I'm so excited for black Friday this year. I think there are going to be all kinds deals on parts, guns, and Ammo. I'll be terribly sad if it doesn't happen.... Fingers crossed.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    are Russian aks better build or just mass produced and be fairly cheap to pick up?
    The interest in Russian AKs is that they were born there. AKs/AKMs are a product of a Russian who designed what he believed to be the perfect homeland defense weapon. He never dreamed it would be such a home run. We in the land of shall not be infringed would like to see them imported once again so that we could enjoy the "real deal". Are they any better than others, so far the rifles we have been allowed to own, VEPR and Saiga are indeed of higher quality.

As for AKs as a whole, prices will continue to rise due to constitutional infringements. Bans on imports like Chinese AK variants will keep prices going up, as supply is fixed and demand exploding. Meanwhile, current USA made AK/AKMs and the rare imports will also stay high unless bans are dropped and new imports allowed.

It would help if the sporting purpose clause of the new AT and unconstitutional F second amendment was revoked. That would allow military style semi-autos to be brought in. It would also be nice if that hidden amendment to the Reagan act of 1986 would be declared null and void.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I hope the market stays soft for a while. I recently got a couple of my co-workers into shooting just this past summer and one bought his first AR a few weeks later. The other guy bought a pistol and is more mechanically inclined and expressed interest in building his first AR but didn't have the money for the lower he wanted and was worried he wouldn't be able to get it with H in the big chair. I had been considering buying him the lower for Christmas if he couldn't get it in time. But now I don't feel like there is a much of a rush. I may still buy him the lower though.

Personally I'd like to see the Russian ban lifted. I want the Vityaz that Izhmash had announced before the hammer fell.

Last edited:

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    There's a lot of Black Friday ads already available to view (big box stores and whatnot), prices are definitely designed to move the inventory they have. You'll see relatively lower prices for a while until the excess inventory is sold off. They'll slowly creep from there back to a normal price relative to the product (i.e. a Colt 6920 is still going to cost more than an M&P-15 sport, but prices relative to what they typically sell for will be reduced for a while).

What I am most excited about personally is the wider availability of reloading components and 22 ammo. You can find most components available now days (with the exception of Federal SPP that I need for the match revolvers). 22 ammo is getting better it seems weekly now, but I'll be happy when cases (5k) are available again and I have more variety (my savage MKii fv-sr loves CCI subsonic HP and finally picked up about 1k more).

I am looking to add a S&W 617 to the stable to shoot more Steel Challenge and general practice. Once I found out what ammo it likes best, I am going to be wanting to get it in bulk.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Probably not. Many of the big manufactures stock is down. With much less doom and gloom predicted, panicked gun buying is dropping off. People aren't buying guns and ammo as fast as it's made anymore. Look for production and sales to slow down.

Top Bottom