• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    A few other members and myself nerded out in a different thread. And rather than continue to jack that one, I thought likeminded nerds could post here, talk abotu any nerdliness they may engage in either at home or at work. So, here's my Ubuntu desktop.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://imageshack.us

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Right Monitor:
    screena.png

Left Monitor:
    screenb.png

Desktop image rotates every 30 mins automatically.

Id post a pic off my laptop, but there isnt a gui :D

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    definitely diggin' the dual monitor setup. What vid card you using for that resolution? And what OS is the laptop running?

Don't make me dig out the Win 3.11 disks and do a Fat partition.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    definitely diggin' the dual monitor setup. What vid card you using for that resolution? And what OS is the laptop running?

Don't make me dig out the Win 3.11 disks and do a Fat partition.

Its a 27" iMac running an ATI Radeon HD 5670. I have another 25" Apple LCD hooked up to it :D

Laptop is running gentoo linux. I prefer to use it as a VT102 emulator, so I don't really see the need to install X. Made my boss cry when he handed me a quad core monster, and I refuse to install a GUI on it.

StarbaseSSD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Clarksville IN
    I run Ubuntu 11.04 on 4 laptops, a netbook, and a custom built Shuttle Media Center PC as the primary OS. The Shuttle & Netbook run Virtualbox for all my Linux server and Windows needs. I put a screenshot of the i3 Shuttle in my album.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Wait...so you're using a quad core system to run an emulation of an ancient terminal system?

lol. And I thought I was bad with my stash of old C64s that I bust out every now and again when I wanna type load "*".

I tried Gentoo....but I'm not savvy enough to make it worthwhile. I have copies of tons of Distros: Gentoo, Mandriva, Fedora, and trusty old Ubuntu. I really only use Windows for simulation software for school, that's only available for MS.

super jealous of of your video setup.......even if it is on a Mac.

:p

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Wait...so you're using a quad core system to run an emulation of an ancient terminal system?

In a word... yes. But it fits my needs perfectly. 99.999% of my day to day work is done on a command line, and I have 7 tty terminals on it... Plus, since I use mutt as an email client all that spam doesnt bother me, as images cant load.

lol. And I thought I was bad with my stash of old C64s that I bust out every now and again when I wanna type load "*".

Always wanted one of those :/ Grew up to late for them, and never find working ones at prices I like on eBay.

I tried Gentoo....but I'm not savvy enough to make it worthwhile. I have copies of tons of Distros: Gentoo, Mandriva, Fedora, and trusty old Ubuntu. I really only use Windows for simulation software for school, that's only available for MS.

I use gentoo on my laptop for the simple reason that every other distro I tried choked on the hardware for some reason. As a last resort before giving in and installing windows 7 I tried gentoo and it worked so... :D Can't say I recommend it to anyone though, its got some very odd ideas of where things should be stored.

super jealous of of your video setup.......even if it is on a Mac.

:p
    Tri-booting mac thank you very much. I just happened to be in OS X when I posted that, most of the time im running SLES on it. Went with an iMac as opposed to rolling my own because I liked the form factor, and since its apple hardware it will last forever and the support is great.

Now if only they would make a decent san solution based around ZFS. I reaaallly hate solaris.

Top Bottom