Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Pat Rogers/EAG Tactical
    Carbine Operators Course - Lebanon, IN - 2004
    AK Operators Course - Lebanon, IN - 2007
    Carbine Operators Course - Lebanon, IN - 2007

International Training & Operations Group (ITOG)
    Urban Conflict Resolution - Lebanon, IN - 2006

Defensive Edge Training & Consulting
    AR-15/M-16 Armorers Course (non-live fire) - Lebanon, IN - 2005
    Carbine I/II - Racine, WI - 2005

Firearms Research & Instruction
    Level II Handgun - Knob Creek Range, KY - 1999
    Level II Handgun - Knob Creek Range, KY - 2000
    Level II Handgun - Baton Rouge, LA - 2002
    Level III Handgun - Baton Rouge, LA - 2002
    Level II Handgun - Jasper, IN - 2004 (as Assistant Instructor)
    Tactical Shotgun - Rolla, MO - 2004
    Level II Handgun - Atlanta, IN - 2005 (as Assistant Instructor)

Lethal Force Institute
    Introduction to Combat Handguns - Jefferson Twp. Rifle & Pistol Club, IN - 1998

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I know my training experience is piddly compared to some of our members, but I felt the need to revive this thread and update my training list. :)

1) NRA Basic Pistol Course at Camp Atterbury
    2) Basic Pistol Course with PD Training at the FOP ... somewhere north of me.
    3) 6 Hours of personal formal instruction
    4) INGO Training at Eagle Creek with Shay VanVlymen

That puts me at about ... 25ish hours of pistol instruction within my four months of shooting history. I've officially had more training that I own firearms now. :)

Last edited:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    US Army MOS 11M - Mechanized Infantry
    NBC
    Combat Life Saver

No civilan classes as of yet, hoping that will change in the near future.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Gunsite x3 (vaio con dios Col. Cooper)
    BK6

I don't want ya'll thinking I'm a foreign langauge snob but since your reference is to the passing of Col. Cooper, someone I have had the honor of meeting and whose lifetime dedication to firearms has benefited us all, I respectfullly submit that your spelling is incorrect. I believe it should be "vaya con dios."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey! I forgot my NRA Basic Handgun course! And my USPSA/NROI Range Officer class (although my certification has long since lapsed permanently).

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess if I'm going to drop in and start commenting on training and such I probably owe you guys a basic list of my credentials. I'm not going to list individual classes, nor dates, in most cases I have trained with the list folks multiple times. If you really have to know, PM me with the instructor name, and I'll give you details. Here's the short list, I'm sure I missed a few, but over 13 years it's hard to remember everyone (my apologies to those I have forgotten):

SR Yoder (local private instructor)
    John / Vicki Farnam
    Massad Ayoob
    Gunsite (i.e. Ken Campbell, and Jay Tuttle)
    Pat Rogers
    Steve Tarani
    Gabe Suarez
    SouthNarc
    Ken Vogel
    John Hearn
    James Yeager (not Jim and for God sakes don't call him Jimmy) (although not
    in Camden, I need to get on that one)
    Skip Goechenour
    Dean Caputo
    Louis Awerbuck
    Ned Christianson
    Paul Gomez
    Dave Whitrock
    Karl Rehn
    Mike Brown (and the USSA crew)
    Steve Moses
    Henk Iverson
    Rob Pincus
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Basic Handgun
    Home Defense
    Range Safety Officer

I think that's the lion share at least. If you've got any questions, drop a note.

Tinman....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Did you do some of that in Memphis at the Tactical Conference?

Like with:
    Skip Goechenour
    Karl Rehn
    Mike Brown (and the USSA crew)

Steve Moses
    Henk Iverson
    Rob Pincus

If you did Mike Brown's class/seminar, you are tough. Any class that requires a mouthpiece and groin cup are outside my area of interest by definition, especially if you get to be the "lucky" one he uses to demonstrate his techniques.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I did catch up with these guys at Memphis, both of the last two years, but I have also trained with them at one of their own deals, except for Henk, and I'm hosting him the end of July. With his new contract, he's a pretty busy guy. I think he's only doing 1 or 2 open courses this year.

Yes, Mike runs a tough course, Southnarc and Mike Brown back to back this year was great. I hear next year they will integrate striking with the grappling just to keep it interesting. I'm looking forward to Tulsa.

The final exercise of 2 on 1 against 2 of the class AI's starting at 1 arms length is definately intense. I managed to access a blade in about the first 10 seconds or so, it ended badly for the 2. My training partner got tied up and the three ended up in a lump on the floor. Ground fighting 2 on 1 is just plain ugly. He manaaged to get out, but not without taking some very real damage.

Tinman.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did catch up with these guys at Memphis, both of the last two years, but I have also trained with them at one of their own deals, except for Henk, and I'm hosting him the end of July. With his new contract, he's a pretty busy guy. I think he's only doing 1 or 2 open courses this year.

If you were in the Pincus short course at Memphis this year, then we met. I was one of the three guys from the "other" group from Indiana.

Our paths probably crossed the year before at Henk's seminar/class at Memphis. He has only done one "open" (i.e. not for LEO/mil only) class in the past, which was a private class (carbine/pistol) he did for my guys last year. That went really well, and while we were learning from him, he also got to see what it was really like to instruct fat, lazy civilians. It's a different world than teaching a class that is only Special Forces or some other elite military unit.

I was supposed to host him twice this year, but we've decided to cancel the open enrollment class due to his schedule. I'm glad you're hosting one, so it will give non-cop, non-military people a chance to experience Henk and what he has to offer. If you don't get a long waiting list, I would be very surprised.

His pistol curriculum is (understandably) quite similar to John Farnam's, but he has some ideas about the use of the carbine (e.g. his ready position) that are a little different (although I think Mr. Farnam is now teaching the same ready position).

Top Bottom