• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why does it matter so much to people who aren't SEALs (or any other similar group) if someone is what they claim to be online or not? Some people take it way, way too personally.

gunlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    if i told you i would have to kill you, lets just say i'm ready when the time comes. it doesn't matter where you trained, it's like the old west, the man with the fastest draw is the one walking away alive. that's why i stay ready and never have to get ready.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think it stems from people who want to be bigger than they actually are... so they lie to impress people.

Sad, really.

I agree with that, but it's not what I was talking about. We all know some people exaggerate or lie about their lives. It's human nature. What puzzles me is why some people get so bent out of shape over it, especially those who have no standing to be hurt in any way by it. In my opinion, the compulsive need to "out" people or to always be the first to "call bull****" or not be "fooled" is just as unpleasant if not more so.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    let's just go back to pretending the guy is a SEAL and move on.... by the way sorry I haven't been around. I just got back from some training across the pond with the SAS. classified stuff so I can't go into more detail but I wish I could. :cool:

I agree with that, but it's not what I was talking about. We all know some people exaggerate or lie about their lives. It's human nature. What puzzles me is why some people get so bent out of shape over it, especially those who have no standing to be hurt in any way by it. In my opinion, the compulsive need to "out" people or to always be the first to "call bull****" or not be "fooled" is just as unpleasant if not more so.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Honestly, I don't think I dislike JRG as much as I feel bad for him as he probably has served in the military. Why people lie about their service is beyond me. It's pathetic.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    My whole thing of it is... is that there are people who bust their asses to earn the "right" to associate themselves with a certain Special Operations group. These guys are the best of the best. They operate in missions that we'll never see or hear about and make the ultimate sacrifice doing it. Honestly, as a Combat Veteran myself, it does unnerve me to see people call themselves "SEALS" or whatever when they've not earned the title.

They're douchebags. Plain and simple.

It's not directed any anyone particularly... but if the shoe fits...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Plain and simple, I just ****ing hate liars.
    Honesty is what separates us from those that are evil.

Good for you guys for exposing this fraud! Keep up the good work and don't forget, with a new user name, he's right back in business.

We're talking about lethal weapons and their use here, not rubber ducks or barbie dolls. A pathological liar could be hazardous to one, any or all of us.

Last edited:

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just an old Marine who's humped ALICE all over the world. Shot
    mucho ammo, most on the range and some for defense.

USMC MOS- 0311/0351 Infantry & 106mm Recoiless Rifleman
    8531 Primary Marksmanship Instructor
    2nd & 3rd Mar Div Rifle/Pistol Team member (early 80's)
    Marine Security Guard and Diplomatic Security Schools

Gunsite x3 (vaio con dios Col. Cooper)
    Mid-South with John Shaw x2
    various and sundry short courses thru the years.

BK6

KimberCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis. IN
    Completed: US Navy basic handgun,rifle,shotgun.
    US Navy expert handgun,rifle,shotgun.
    Life time of hunting and shooting sports.
    50 yrd 22. cal farthestfrom the bull has to do clean-up
    after dinner @ deer camp.

Getting ready to take PD Traning May 10th @ New Castle. Looking forward to taking more Traning when I can fit it.

KimberCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis. IN
    Man! and Lady! I posted on the end of this then went back and went thru the past post! Just to update the US Navy training thing. I was a Boiler Tech ( BT2) for 5 years (88-92) Homeport out of San Diego. I went over to the base range and completed the gun courses. I didn't see any SEALs. Did meet some in the bars over on Silver Strand. Nice guys pretty good pool players also....

Top Bottom