• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Saw the line at my polling station snaking into the parking lot, and I kept on driving...

... straight to the Danville Conservation Club where I put 200 rounds downrage.

Since I was supposed to be out of town this week, I sent my absentee ballot in last week.:D

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Royal Center Town Hall, waited in line for 40 minutes... Voted, while OC'ing..... Got one compliment for carrying a quality gun (The Glock).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Only one person in line in front of me. It took about 5-10 minutes to vote though because I always include my 6y/o in the process.

Interestingly, the sidewalk outside is usually staffed with several candidates' flunkies. Only one was out there today, pushing the libs. And there was only one Carson sign and one Donnelly sign.

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    The wife and I got to our polling place in Perry Twp. @ about 1:45. No line and we voted for Romney and against Steven David. I was the 525th person to vote in my precinct. Three precincts vote in the Glenns Valley grade school. I talked to the guy who was acting as the Inspector in one of the other precincts. He said they had been busy all day.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The most amazing thing happened, when I went to vote for Gary Johnson, the check went to Barack Obama. So I cleared it and started over and the check went to mitt Romney. This cycle just continued so I decided to write in Darth Vader.

Who knew, I guess a vote for Johnson really was a vote for someone else.

Seriously, lively chat, big turn out, Rupert was outside shaking hands. I voted for Johnson, my 5 yo shouted out that she voted for Johnson. It was cute. She liked getting a sticker.

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Brought my wife and 19 year-old daughter for her first time voting. 2 of the 3 of us were armed since it was a church (no school included). No stickers though!!!

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'd estimate my polling place serves 600-800 registered voters. According to the hash marks on the check in table a bit over 100 people had voted by 8am. It took about 25 minutes to get through the line, and approximately 50 more folks came to vote while I waited. No trouble with the machines or employees.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Much longer than normal. Usually, I'm in and out in < 5mins. Today it took my wife 1.5 hours and it took me 1 hour. Good sign, if you ask me. Anyway, I think I seriously confused everyone there. I had a Humboldt hoodie, scruffy beard, camo hat and my pistol on my hip. I bet they had fun trying to figure out who I was voting for.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went to vote at 06:20 this morning in Greentown. It was at the Performing Arts Center. There were lines for all four precincts. The line moved steadily and was out the door in 25 minutes. The festive attitude and politeness of everyone, reminded me of the Chik-Fil-A eat-in.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Went to the fire house in Mastic Beach, NY. Skipped the line of "What election District am I in?", because I know it.

Moseyed over to the E.D. 80 table, and got my ballot and folder. Short wait for a privacy booth. Made my choices for President, Senator, House Representative, 6 supreme court justices, wrote in a county and district court candidate, and one ballot initiative.

I brought my huge scantron sheet over to the machine, and registered my vote. In and out in 25 minutes or less. My E.D. didn't have much wait, but some of the others had heavy lines.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    3 booths at my precinct and was told its been 2 hours almost all day. Efficiency of government at work.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    In and out in 15 minutes. Brought son for his first time voting for a President ..... Poll workers said turnout had already topped 40% (we were there at 1100 this morning) :D:patriot:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Usually go right in about the same time every election... I had to wait about 15 minutes in line this morning.

Encouraging.

I'll let you know how the lines are this evening when I go back to vote again......

:):

Sorry, I confused myself with a obama supporter there for a minute.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I went into my usual voting location. Was approached by one man who attempted to hand me a leaflet. I gave him a wink and kept on truckin. There are two precincts voting at my location but neither precinct number looked familiar. I pulled out my voter registration card and the number on my card wasn't the same as either that was posted. "Uh oh". I looked at the map and noticed that the number on my voter registration card had apparently been changed and I was at the right location. I gave them my name, showed my ID, signed and was handed a ballot. I filled out my ballot and a judge watched me put it into the machine, I was voter #701. Judge handed me a sticker and off I went. All in all it took approximately 8 minutes.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    My son and I voted at 12:30. No line. We were #258 & 259 out of 841 registered in our township. I told him we would wait until lunch time; I knew there would be no line as the oldsters would not miss their noon lunch. They usually vote early and then go to the local grocery store for their Tuesday seniors discount.

We generally are a retirement community. No work left here, except some localized gas drilling (most of that has stopped now as well).

Top Bottom