• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I would not mind them legalizing pot, as long as an additive was added to it that when smoked would make the person smoking it sterile. I really don't want any of the hippies polluting the gene pool any further.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I think that NO ONE should be able to tell you what you can and cannot eat, drink, smoke its your body.

ALL over the counter medications or any medication have worse side effects than Marijuana. Some even have worse side effects than the illness your trying to cure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    i look foreward to the day when its medically legal in indiana.
    Me, too, for medical reasons.

I think the average citizen doesn't really care until they see some of the pro-pot people arguing their case on TV. Then they realize that being a pot head could be bad for society.
    Yep, looks can bring a screeching halt to a conversation.

Having some friends in some medical marijuana states who have medical conditions similar to me, they highly suggest it for medical uses. Wifey and I even discussed at one time us moving to, say, Michigan, but we couldn't make it work with her career.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I would not mind them legalizing pot, as long as an additive was added to it that when smoked would make the person smoking it sterile. I really don't want any of the hippies polluting the gene pool any further.

I agree. We should be fair though and do the same thing with alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Because most of us have met or know people like his buddy.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPzwQS50oUo&feature=related]YouTube - David Spade - Pot Heads[/ame]

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    People always think that making something legal will increase the use. That simply is not the case.

They also fail to recognize the fact that said activity is going on presently even with laws against it.

The facts are that pot is readily avialable, inexpensive, and the risk is VERY low that someone will actually be arrested for smoking it.

There are few realistic barriers that keep people from smoking if they want to.

As such, it stands to reason that most of the people that want to smoke pot are already doing it. Therefore, legalizing it would not add many people to the smoking side.

The other thing people fail to comprehend is that just because something is legal doesn't mean it's socially acceptable, or acceptable to an employer.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson

Hate to break it to you, but I have known many many people who smoke who are pretty much the opposite of a hippie. I think it is pretty well known that a whole lot of hillybilly types and country folks enjoy cannabis just as much as "hippies". I am talking about guys who consider life 100% do it yourself. Drive big trucks that are 50% home made, bow hunt, shoot and keep firearms, fish, and wear clothes that are cheap and comfortable. You aren't going to find them at a Phish concert, more likely they will be busy working at their job or around the house.

I know one guy who was the stereotypically loner. Friend for over 15 years. Smoking was just part of his life...it calmed him and relaxed him. He never cause a problem for anybody, he kept to himself, maintained a job, and was constantly working on various projects when he wasn't reading educational books or watching educational videos. After becoming known to a few police officers, they targeted him for harassment. Once, the officer at the forefront of the harrassment convinced a judge that this fellow had a meth lab, so that they could search his home. He had never been involved with that substances, nor did he associate with anyone who did. They found around 1 ounce of pot, so they left happy.

After leaving that town and serving his probation, he moved to rural Alaska and finally got away from it all. Unfortunately, because of his marijuana charges, he was not allowed to enter Canada, so he had to sell his 4X4 and fly to Fairbanks, and have the remainder of his belongings shipped to him.

I have had enough encounters with decent and reasonable police officers that I have a respect for the profession, but I can absolutely understand his resentment and hatred for authority.

I don't think there is a "typical" cannabis smoker....just like there is no "typical" alcohol drinker. The freaks brought out and paraded on television are put there to color public opinion...nothing more.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Two of my friends smoke quite a bit.

One is a Harvard MBA with her BSME and her husband is a Chemical Engineer that works for one of the largest medical firms in the world.

They have a very nice house in Broad Rippple, which is about as hippy as they get.

I also have family members that smoke and are very upstanding responsible people.

Pot is just a drug, not a lifestyle. Like alcohol or coffee or cigarettes or anything else.

You can let anything consume your life, if you let it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would much rather deal with someone under the influence of weed, than some punk-ass idiot who has had too much to drink. I honestly have never understood the big deal with weed, and have certainly never understood why we throw people in jail for having a few joints on them. I would not smoke it if it were to be legalized, but I have absolutely no problem with someone who chooses to do so.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think many pharmaceutical drugs impair people in far greater ways than weed ever could. And as somebody mentioned, the prescription side-effects are sometimes quite severe.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I think many pharmaceutical drugs impair people in far greater ways than weed ever could. And as somebody mentioned, the prescription side-effects are sometimes quite severe.

Nuh uh. If you smoke devil weed just once, you're hooked for life, which won't be too long, cause it can KILL you at any moment, or drive you to insanity. The drug is far too powerful to ever be legalized.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    No takers on why anyone here believes it should remain illegal? No argument isn't a very strong one guys.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I was a dope smoker for about two years right after high school, 1980 to 1982. When I got high I just wanted to sit around and watch TV, then eat potato chips.

Now I'm free of all that. I stick to bourbon.

You want to know which one of those two drugs is more powerful? Which needs to be handled with more care? Which one can cause me to say or do embarassing things if I overdo it?

It ain't the dope.

Hell, maybe dope'll keep the kids off bourbon.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I have an argument for you, lashicoN.

Cannabis should remain illegal because of the economic devastation the decriminalization will bring to the drug treatment industry, the loss of employment for scores of probation officers, and the loss of revenue to police departments who depend on the seizure of vehicles, homes, and cash that has been "involved in drug manufacture or trafficking".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Cannabis should remain illegal because of the economic devastation the decriminalization will bring to the drug treatment industry, the loss of employment for scores of probation officers, and the loss of revenue to police departments who depend on the seizure of vehicles, homes, and cash that has been "involved in drug manufacture or trafficking".
    That shouldn't be in purple.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

That's a pretty damn good argument. I think your onto something there. All of those things you mentioned would be a total tragedy if they ever came to fruition.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    That shouldn't be in purple.

Where did I screw that up? My first time using purple, go figure. Obviously, my true feelings are contrary to what I posted. The things I listed are the REAL reasons why it remains illegal, but I believe that they are all invalid reasons, hence my choice of purple.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This legislation was crap and the powers that be knew it. In addition, Cali has 200,000 licensed growers. They voted it down to protect their business and to continue to charge street price as opposed to market price. Throw in the fact that it was basically decrimmed days before - $100 ticket, no jail, no record, and it begins to shape up as to how the measure was defeated.

Another thing that helped defeat the prop were government officials themselves. The largest labor union in Cali belongs to prison workers. Cali has the nations largest prison system. At some point, it becomes a math contest.

Finally, to answer the "why not legalize it" question I would suggest asking these guys.

California Secretary of State - CalAccess - Campaign Finance

That is list of donors to PUBLIC SAFETY FIRST - NO ON PROP. 19, A PROJECT OF CALIFORNIA PUBLIC SAFETY FIRST. They were the main driving force sent forth to defeat the prop. A quick glance of donors and one can see the parties MOST interested in having cannabis remain illegal. Cop unions/associations and the liquor industry.

Top Bottom