• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Don't worry, they revoked their charter.

They should have revoked Acacia's charter in 1990 when they shot water balloons at a guy I know, a handsome, suave GDI, who used to live in the apartment complex near their house. Funny how you can get off two quick shots with a potato gun at 3:00AM with a potato drenched in fox pee.

How does the Fox Pee help the flight ?

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My brother made many potato guns using compressed air as the propellant. It's a better way to go IMHO, and you can fill the barrel with water and blast your buddies

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My brother made many potato guns using compressed air as the propellant. It's a better way to go IMHO, and you can fill the barrel with water and blast your buddies

Well, I do have a 33 gal 2 stage compressor that would be up for the job...anybody make one out of PVC that shoots paintball size projectile?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    At my brother's bachelor party my uncle put a spud in and then filled the barrel with baked beans. He aimed it over our heads and beans rained down every which way. Ah... Good old days...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    While not technically a potato gun, we used to make tennis ball cannons out of several pop cans (back before they were made out of paper-thin aluminum) with the tops and bottoms cut out, then duct taped together. Of course we left the bottom in the bottom can. The ridge around the bottom of the top can would keep the tennis ball from going any further down the "barrel". Some kids used lighter fluid as their propellant, but I used calcium carbide with a little bit of water (which makes acetylene gas). I'd just let the gas build up a little with my thumb over the fuse hole, then touch a wooden match to the fuse hole. It would darn near shoot a tennis ball out of sight (straight up in the air) and sounded about like a 12 gauge. :)

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Did the old pop cans and duct tape thing years ago as well ...it's been a long time.

Funny thought about the legality question... Y'all realize that potato canons are still legal ...but eating a pop tart into a GSO (gun shaped object) will get a kid suspended from school. :facepalm:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I don't know the answers to the questions, but I can testify that you can drop potatoes into Just Add Water's boat pond from a neighborhood on the other side of I465........

Screw the hairspray, pneumatic is the only way to go!

Top Bottom