• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    Hello all, I had a quick question/possible concern about a Form 1 EFile that I just completed a few hours ago.

This was my first efile so I'm not sure if it is normal or not. I completed everything without errors and payed (with email confirmation) and clicked the "sign and submit" button. After a longer than anticipated wait, a box popped up saying there was an error of some sort (do not remember the exact wording) and my form was saved on my homepage as a draft. I opened it back up and everything was the same just needing the "sign and submit" button pressed again. I did this and it seemed to go through.

My question and concern is this though: nowhere on my homepage does it show any submitted forms and I didn't receive a popup box with a confirmation number and no emails were received after submitting. I've sent a message to the ATF regarding my concerns but wondered if any of you have had something like this happen before. I've always done old-fashioned paperwork before and starting to think that I shouldn't have used the efile system. Are my concerns warranted or is this a possible situation of extreme backlog and I am just being impatient?

Thanks everyone!

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    You should have a received an email that stated the forms are "in process" or something like that. Sounds like they didn't submit correctly.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    You should have a received an email that stated the forms are "in process" or something like that. Sounds like they didn't submit correctly.

Yeah, that was my thoughts as well. I have already received an email back from a USDOJ representative and I forwarded my payment receipt and serial number for the firearm on the form. Hopefully things get worked out without too much headache. Thanks for the reply!

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Just to be clear... Does it still show up under draft, did it completely disappear, or does it now show under submitted/in-process option under "My Forms"?

I efiled two Form 1 SBRs last night, and had significant issues with the second one, it took multiple tries to submit the second one.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Just to be clear... Does it still show up under draft, did it completely disappear, or does it now show under submitted/in-process option under "My Forms"?

I efiled two Form 1 SBRs last night, and had significant issues with the second one, it took multiple tries to submit the second one.

It completely disappeared. First attempt, error and showed as a draft. Second attempt, completely gone. This was about 0700 this morning.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Just a quick update on this for anyone interested. After contacting BATFE and forwarding all info that was requested, I didn't hear anything back for 5 days so I resent my question with info and the same person responded with instructions to resubmit my Form 1 up to, but without, payment and forward the draft ID for him to apply my payment towards. If he is unable to do this, a full refund will be issued and I will have to make a new payment towards my waiting draft.

I will be doing all future forms on old-fashioned paper submissions with personal checks. Who would have thought that a government's website would have so many issues....... LOL

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side

I just re-filed a form 1 that was "Disapproved" and finally got through with it. I think. I even got the new control number in an email and I am still not sure it went through properly. This should be easy....... or at least easier.

Top Bottom