• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "There are ways to protect our children & protect our rights," says POTUS calling for new gun controls. "Don't pretend that there aren't."

My response:

There are ways to protect our republic, including giving a traitor a traitor's reward.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No purple.

I contend that these shooters are cowards, nothing more than walking suicides, waiting for the opportunity to go out "in a blaze of glory" in their feeble minds. Take away the sheep for them to shoot and the "active shooter" will go away, they'll go back to suicide before they risk the embarrassment of being bested by their marks.
    There might be an uptick in "death by cop" incidents, but heck, the cops getting a little more target practice never hurts. ;)

I challenge you to make it your life's work to get the gun free zones eliminated, then I'll wait for you to prove me wrong, (but you won't.)

Mr. Blackhawk2001, I'm sorry you don't agree with my opinion. I will say though that I am offended by your inference that my thinking has a similarity to that of anti-gunners. That was incorrect and unnecessary. :nono:

I'm going to agree with BH on one point. Eliminating GFZ won't eliminate mass shootings. It would very likely lead to a drastic reduction. But not eliminate. To think it would fails to imagine the lengths to which evil people will go to do evil things.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't pursue eliminating legally binding GFZ. We should. Publicly owned properties should not prohibit citizens carrying firearms. Private property is different though. Businesses should have as much right to refuse service to someone carrying a firearm as they have to refuse to bake a cake for gays. Certainly a no-firearms policy should not have the weight of law. And, I think it's fair to make business owners who prohibit firearms acknowledge their responsible for the safety of their patrons. So, if they have a no-firearms sign, on the sign it should say, "we are responsible for your safety".

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm going to agree with BH on one point. Eliminating GFZ won't eliminate mass shootings. It would very likely lead to a drastic reduction. But not eliminate. To think it would fails to imagine the lengths to which evil people will go to do evil things.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't pursue eliminating legally binding GFZ. We should. Publicly owned properties should not prohibit citizens carrying firearms. Private property is different though. Businesses should have as much right to refuse service to someone carrying a firearm as they have to refuse to bake a cake for gays. Certainly a no-firearms policy should not have the weight of law. And, I think it's fair to make business owners who prohibit firearms acknowledge their responsible for the safety of their patrons. So, if they have a no-firearms sign, on the sign it should say, "we are responsible for your safety".

My point exactly. Thank you for clarifying what apparently I wasn't making clear.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well I'm sorry you're offended (NOT!). As I said in my response to your post, ANYONE who thinks that doing away with "Gun Free Zones" will eliminate crazies and other murderers is engaging in the same sort of wishful thinking as the anti-gunners.

Nice. :rolleyes:

The crazies and murderers will still be here, they just won't be shooting up schools. They will find other ways to end their troubled lives. Especially after one or two shaming headlines read;
    "Deranged Would Be Active Shooter Killed By Parent"
    "School Shooting Stopped Before it Began, Troubled Man Deceased"

Maybe if you weren't so fixated on the thinking of anti-gunners, you might understand? Hmmm... :scratch:

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Many of these crazy mass-killers research what would be the best place to kill the most people. The Colorado movie shooter, the Louisiana move theater shooter, researched movie theaters that had no-guns signs. Guess which ones they picked!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    "There are ways to protect our children & protect our rights," says POTUS calling for new gun controls. "Don't pretend that there aren't."

OK, Mr President, let us pretend for that there are. what are they?

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This entire thread is moot point. According the president, Clinton, the Brady Campaign, et al there are no respectable gun owners in America. We're all bitter clingers and terrorists. They spew their inflammatory rhetoric with one face and talk about working together for "common sense" solutions with the other.

No quarter asked, none given.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This entire thread is moot point. According the president, Clinton, the Brady Campaign, et al there are no respectable gun owners in America. We're all bitter clingers and terrorists. They spew their inflammatory rhetoric with one face and talk about working together for "common sense" solutions with the other.

No quarter asked, none given.

I know, I know. Saul Alinsky and all. But the bad thing about using those tactics, you **** off a whole lot of people.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Now that the thread is a week old, I think it's time to observe some things.

The Original Poster joined in Sep. 2015, engaged in a little flurry of posting, established his credentials (I served my country, I'm a certified survivalist, etc.), made his defense of "commonsense gun regulations"...then when called on it, disappeared and hasn't posted since.

What do you folks make of this?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The Original Poster joined in Sep. 2015, engaged in a little flurry of posting, established his credentials (I served my country, I'm a certified survivalist, etc.), made his defense of "commonsense gun regulations"...then when called on it, disappeared and hasn't posted since.

He got what he was looking for in the classifieds?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Clueless talking points follower or anti-gun plant. Not sure which.

Doubt he was a classifieds runner as he took a couple of weeks to get there.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well yeah, that was post 44. He may have gotten the ban hammer. I know he was warned.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well yeah, that was post 44. He may have gotten the ban hammer. I know he was warned.

He shows up as "plinker" not "shooter".

I'd say he didn't like the fact that everyone didn't agree.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We mere humans could not comprehend his superior intellect and refused to bow to his will, so he returned to Krypton.

Top Bottom