• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    2nd amendment supporters need to go on the offensive instead of relying on the courts to uphold the 2nd amendment. There should be a unified effort to amend the 2nd amendment to be clear about the right to self-defense, that no other jurisdiction can contradict it (a reaffirmation of the 14th amendment), and whatever else we can come up with to solidify the right to bear arms. If this effort is happening somewhere please correct me.

I would have to disagree. The 2nd Amendment is very clear and very simple. To say that an effort needs to be made to clarify the 2nd Amendment is suggesting that it is currently flawed and needs to be repaired. I really don't want to take the chance of revising the 2nd Amendment. I'm afraid it would be possible to inadvertently change the meaning and open the door for justices to rule against our rights.

And to you Sig Rex, I must say that you have some big coconuts to say you are in favor of gun registration on a site like this. I hope that you aren't offended by the responses, but I would say that most of us here feel strongly that we need to remove gun laws and not add more restrictions.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Common sense gun laws, he says? How about executing people who attack the Second Amendment, or any other part of the Constitution, as the traitors they are? We used to liquidate traitors, and the country was a much better place for it.

The country was a better place, but I think the execution of traitors was an effect, rather than a cause of that. We had better people, focused on themselves, yes, but also giving to and cognizant of their communities.

As to Sig Rex... If all he presents is as he presents it, I am not surprised. Military training, as I understand it, is conducive to ordering one's life and thinking in a certain way. All military guns are registered, and thus, it may make sense to him to do that universally, to promote order.

What the country has that the military does not, though, is freedom, and the two systems are mutually exclusive.

Or I could be wrong and he's just trolling, and will get himself banned in due time. To be clear, that's not a threat, just a restatement of the rules, as found below.

1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Blessings,
    Bill

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Any common-sense gun reform is going to have to come in the form of industry self-regulation. Whether true or not, the government isn't seen as a good-faith actor in this case. Self-regulation requires data, and a desire on the part of buyers and sellers to engage only with those who wish to own or sell responsibly.

So, for starters, I'd suggest:

A database of Forms 4473, containing only seller information (no buyer info).

Proactive reporting for FFLs of specific crime guns sold by them.

Summarized reporting of crime guns by FFL, available to the general public. Limit this reporting to the far ends of the bell curve - highlight dealers doing an exceptionally good or poor job of keeping guns from flowing to the black market.

And lastly, this part is on you and me: direct your spending away from problem shops towards the good ones. They're our rights, and therefore it's our responsibility to use the one lever we have (our dollars) to prevent their abuse.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whenever one of these evil killers starts the gun control conversation up again, I have an initial question:

-"These laws you're proposing, how would they have prevented THIS attack?"

-So far, I haven't heard any rational explanation- not here, not South Carolina, not Sandy Hook, not any. If you can't get past that simple obvious first step, it's not a conversation even worth having.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    The only thing my war time service in the infantry validates is I was willing to defend our constitution in its entirety with my life, for others either unwilling or incapable of doing so. Not just languish in our freedom.

Let me make myself clear: mass confiscation is against the 2nd and 4th amendments. If reregistration escalates to mass confiscation the government would no longer be valid. I swore an oath to the current constitution, and as an American it is my duty to uphold it.
    Then what you need to do is uphold your Oath and the Constitution without the infringements of "Common Sense Laws".

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Any common-sense gun reform is going to have to come in the form of industry self-regulation. Whether true or not, the government isn't seen as a good-faith actor in this case. Self-regulation requires data, and a desire on the part of buyers and sellers to engage only with those who wish to own or sell responsibly.

So, for starters, I'd suggest:

A database of Forms 4473, containing only seller information (no buyer info).

Proactive reporting for FFLs of specific crime guns sold by them.

Summarized reporting of crime guns by FFL, available to the general public. Limit this reporting to the far ends of the bell curve - highlight dealers doing an exceptionally good or poor job of keeping guns from flowing to the black market.

And lastly, this part is on you and me: direct your spending away from problem shops towards the good ones. They're our rights, and therefore it's our responsibility to use the one lever we have (our dollars) to prevent their abuse.

And yet, not one piece of these infringements would have stopped the Oregon shooting or provided any justice. In fact, following your recommendations would compound the injustice because it would put Mercer's gun store out of business because they had the bad luck to be his shop of choice.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Don't expect me to believe a person can show common sense on one issue until that person has exhibited common sense on several others.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Common Sense Gun Law:
    Murder is illegal. Don't do it, with ANY weapon

Stacking laws on laws, to make illegal conduct more illegal, does not prevent anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    While some people are suggesting "common sense" registration, why not advocate for common sense RFID to be installed on each person? And a database of each person.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While some people are suggesting "common sense" registration, why not advocate for common sense RFID to be installed on each person? And a database of each person.

Sadly I've seen comments on some of the left leaning sites suggesting this.

One commenter suggested RFID chips in the gun, every round of ammo, and in the body of all gun owners to "track" when they fire the gun.

They also suggested requiring that all ammo be made in a way that it would disintegrate if not used within 90 days. :facepalm:

Seriously, this is how some of these morons think.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The last time I checked, the Oregon shooter obtained the guns legally, meaning that he or someone else likely passed background checks on more than one occasion.

So universal background checks and keeping a record would have stopped this how?

...and if they wouldn't have prevented THIS attack, lets exercise some discretion and stop using the corpses of innocents to advance personal agendas.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "Common sense" is so condescending.

Don't expect me to believe a person can show common sense on one issue until that person has exhibited common sense on several others.

When "common sense" laws don't achieve their stated objectives, in what way are they common sense?

"Common sense" is a marketing adjective, not an actual, accurate descriptor.

Exactly. How can you be against something so obviously simple and logical?

If "common sense" actually existed, more people would have it.

In 2015 (and many years previous), "common sense" is code for "agrees with my (probably) arbitrary and capricious opinion, and if you don't see it that way, you're stupid, evil, and racist."

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    And yet, not one piece of these infringements would have stopped the Oregon shooting or provided any justice. In fact, following your recommendations would compound the injustice because it would put Mercer's gun store out of business because they had the bad luck to be his shop of choice.

Nope. We really have (at least) two different gun violence problems in this country, and whenever we see one problem rear its ugly head, it's inevitably the other that we get solutions for, mostly because Chicago's gun crime is at least something that we can wrap our heads around without getting inside the messed-up psyche of a spree shooter. What I posted is along the same line of thought; I'll own that.

Top Bottom