• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Well in a trip to the range today I had a catastrophic misfire. I had a .22 basically explode. The rear rim and face of the shell completely blew off casing. I think the bolt wasn't all the way forward and the shell wasn't fully seated when struck. It bent out the side take down panel, mangled the magazine, and worse yet cracked the reciever on my rifle. Wish I had kept the shell but in all the confusion of disassembling it at the range I lost it in the shuffle.

She once was a Briklee imported Armalite AR-7 Israeli pilots survival rifle, and was quite rare and collectible.

Looked like this...
    106_5050.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Now mine looks like this...:wallbash:
    8669948023_cbb78f3243_b.jpg

8671105670_ef40fa735d_b.jpg

8671105580_2aa15acb72_b.jpg

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    that sucks!, its a cool looking stock, if i were you i'd try a new henry rifle and see if the stock will fit, if you dont want to do that, list it in the classified section, id bet it sell in no time

hell if i had a survival rifle id offer to buy your stock!

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    that sucks!, its a cool looking stock, if i were you i'd try a new henry rifle and see if the stock will fit, if you dont want to do that, list it in the classified section, id bet it sell in no time

hell if i had a survival rifle id offer to buy your stock!

Nope no one hurt. My left hand took a nice bang and stung for a bit, but no bruising even so I can't complain in the least.

I've seen all the pieces unique to the Israeli version sell on Gun Broker for right at $400 with a bit better paint on the barrel. I may try to find another regular AR-7 (perferably Armalite again) and swap the pieces all over. Depends on the cost. $600 was about the going price for these for a collector. The only unfortunate thing is the barrel is serial numbered to match the receiver, so out goes the collector value if I do that.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    The only unfortunate thing is the barrel is serial numbered to match the receiver, so out goes the collector value if I do that.

That sucks. Glad no one was hurt. If you do this hang on to the original receiver to keep with it. that (might?) help retain some value.

Top Bottom