• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    What was the reason you choose TiteGroup?
    I've loaded TiteGroup a lot. Like A LOT. We used to use it in manufacturing due to it's low (and consistent) charge weights, and Dillon powder measures loved the stuff.

9mm 115gn - 4.8gns
    38 Special +P 125gn JHP - 4.8gns
    40 180gn FP - 4.8gns
    45ACP 230gn Ball - 4.8gns

A lot of other powders were using 5.5-6.0gns which doesn't seem like a lot until you're loading 50k rounds of something. It also didn't have a sharp muzzle pop like some powders (HS-6, Lil Gun, Longshot), and most importantly, it didn't need to fill the case. 357 target loads, 45 Colt target loads didn't matter with low charges, they all shot consistently.

It was also very available in the mid 2010's which was attractive, and it was temperature stable. We didn't have to re-key machines much.

There are certainly more beloved powders out there - Bullseye, Unique, 231, etc, but we used it for the reasons above. Just my two cents.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've loaded TiteGroup a lot. Like A LOT. We used to use it in manufacturing due to it's low (and consistent) charge weights, and Dillon powder measures loved the stuff.

9mm 115gn - 4.8gns
    38 Special +P 125gn JHP - 4.8gns
    40 180gn FP - 4.8gns
    45ACP 230gn Ball - 4.8gns

A lot of other powders were using 5.5-6.0gns which doesn't seem like a lot until you're loading 50k rounds of something. It also didn't have a sharp muzzle pop like some powders (HS-6, Lil Gun, Longshot), and most importantly, it didn't need to fill the case. 357 target loads, 45 Colt target loads didn't matter with low charges, they all shot consistently.

It was also very available in the mid 2010's which was attractive, and it was temperature stable. We didn't have to re-key machines much.

There are certainly more beloved powders out there - Bullseye, Unique, 231, etc, but we used it for the reasons above. Just my two cents.

Oh I get it Andy, years back I just put it in the same category with Lil Gun in little cases.
    It just seems to go from mild to wild really quick. I don't like that...
    I tend to run 5.5 to 6.2 in 9mm with 124 grainers, jacketed or my cast. And with the cast I bought some Hi Tech coating and it sure is easier than powder coating.
    We tend to shoot warm lol stuff. When I run handgun rounds I usually run 5 - 10 thousand at a time. Its looking like with what my Thing 2 has and will shoot while hes here I will double that this winter, with 9 and 62 grain 5.56. Shout out to Mike Dillon!!!!!!
    He has burned some ammo the last few months.
    Its looking like early Nov hes heading to Jordon for some school and then Iraq for a year.

And im old, change is not good, and I have a buttload of Unique and Bullseye.

Thanks for your input Andy.

Top Bottom