• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    Has anyone tried to powdercoat a 1911. If so what was the final product like? Does it hold up?Did you do the internal parts as well as the external?

I am concidering this for my 1911 and would appreciate any feedback.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Why would you want to powdercoat it when there are much better firearm specific coatings available?

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    i would assume it would just chip off. what i would be interested in is the bake on teflon in a spray can that brownells sells. looks like a neat do it yourself project...

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    Why would you want to powdercoat it when there are much better firearm specific coatings available?

I know there is a wide variety of firearm coatings out there. It came up in a conversation I was having with a buddy of mine. He runs a small business out of his garage powdercoating. We were discussing some work he is going to be doing for me. He noticed the 1911 at my side. He said he could powdercoat it for me if i'd like.
    Thought to myself, "i've never seen a powdercoated firearm before. that sounds kinda interesting." Thought I'd come to my fellow INGOers to see if they had any experience with this. :ingo:

gunrunner1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Anderson
    I powdercoated the receiver on my derringer last year, carried it alot and it still looks good to me no scratches or chips. But you got to watch to not fill in the numbers and other markings if using a color.

Top Bottom