• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If I can get my act together and find some components to buy I want to try my first IDPA match this Summer. Most likely I will go to Wildcat Valley R&P Club since it is the closet one for me. Maybe ACC. I went once last year and those folks seemed nice enough.:)

My question is, since Wildcat does not require either minor or major power factor to enter should I still load to one? And if so, which one?

I am doing this for fun only and not with any gun I will be carrying. I have a 9MM and a .45 auto. It will be one of them. Maybe I'll try both.

Oh, I would be honored if someone would explain when you need to make minor and when major power factor is required. But then again, I can read it in the IDPA Rulebook, right?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Unlike USPSA, there is no major and minor scoring in IDPA. In IDPA you make the power floor or you're DQ'ed. You're power floor is governed by your division. Here's the breakdown:

SSP/ESP=125,000
    CDP/ESR=165,000
    SSR= 105,000

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I wouldn't say it exactly like that, that they don't require you to meet the respective PF for your division. Just because they may not test it over a chrono doesn't mean the rules aren't in place. They don't weigh guns or measure barrel lengths, but we should still abide by the rule book.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I wouldn't say it exactly like that, that they don't require you to meet the respective PF for your division. Just because they may not test it over a chrono doesn't mean the rules aren't in place. They don't weigh guns or measure barrel lengths, but we should still abide by the rule book.

It was several years ago but I think it was at Wildcat Valley they had the box the gun has to fit inside. The box is for semi-autos only revolvers do not have to fit they have a barrel lenghth restriction. The power factor is set at a point that most factory ammo will make power. That is why the Stock Service Revolver was dropped to 105000 from 125000 a couple years ago. Most people in that divison like to shoot 38spl and most would not make the 125000 power factor unless it was +P or handloads. Now whatever divison you shoot in a box of Winchester white box of the appropiate caliber should be good to go. Jim.

Top Bottom