• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Buy ridgid cordless power tools from Home Depot.
    Life time warranty on the tool.
    Life time warranty on the batteries.

Another vote for rigid here, I use mine more than the average home owner and havent had any problems with thee drill and driver. My batteries outlast my dad's dewalt by quite a bit, and the warranty on them is the best.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Makita user here. Combination drill/hammer drill, impact driver, circular saw, reciprocating saw, and impact wrench. The impact wrench is my favorite, it has yet to come across a lug nut it won't pull off. Go lithium ion powered and look at the other tool offerings from whatever manufacturer that you go with. Makita has dozens of cordless tools all using the same batteries and you can buy the tools only so you aren't spending $$ on extra chargers and batteries that you don't need. I believe the same is true for other manufacturers. For a general use you likely won't be disappointed with any of them so long as you go with lithium ion power.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've extensively used dewalt 20v, almost literally every 20v tool that exhausts (12+). Over 10k screws through my impact, dropped it at least a dozen times, up to 8 feet. Zero issues with any of the tools. The 20v skill saw isn't great on battery. Everything else is top notch and super durable.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Milwaukee is what I have. Though a coworker mentioned they've been bought out by Koreans.

All Li-Ion and no way will I go back. 12v is convenient because the tools are light and just enough oomph to drive a 3" drywall screw. It'll take it and keep on going but that's all it can do. lately, as income allows, I've moved up to the 18v stuff which is really a whole different league. I'm happy with them and I'll stick with them for interchangeability. Dewalts good too, same coworker says the tools are just a little more capable than Milwaukee. Can't say anything for or against customer service for either.

One tip I'll give, I know milwaukee does it, I assume Dewalt and others do too, is research the exact model #s for the tools you want. For any given tool there are 3-5 different motor ratings, different batteries come in the kit, and different combinations of tools. That's why sometimes the bare tool costs as much as the kit of 2 tools, batteries, and a charger: the bare tool is the top-spec model while the combo has lower rated tools with minimum AHr batteries.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I have all 20v dewalt stuff. Drill, impact driver, 1/2 impact wrench, recip saw, and a weedeater. I can tell you from experience, buy brushless. Whatever brand, whatever volt, make sure its brushless. Batteries will last so much longer. I can go all day on a 2ah battery in my brushless impact driver, but even my flexvolt batteries are dead in a couple hours of using the recip saw or drill.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Well you'll also want to know if you want corded or cordless, and this is always annoying to me because I love the idea of 'No batteries' but I also love the idea of 'No Cord', though usually I end up with a corded model of something. I did go cordless with my drill because it is the most convenient item for me to have without a cord.

Top Bottom