• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    The PPQ trigger is excellent out the box for USPSA Production or IDPA SSP. If you drop the Apex kit in, it's no longer Production/SSP. I suppose you could play in Carry Optics but the gun would suck in Open because it doesn't have th 170 mags available for it. They would have to be custom made. IMO, there's no reason to mod the PPQ for the sports. I know a guy who's almost a USPSA Master with a stock PPQ 5".

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    The PPQ trigger is excellent out the box for USPSA Production or IDPA SSP. If you drop the Apex kit in, it's no longer Production/SSP. I suppose you could play in Carry Optics but the gun would suck in Open because it doesn't have th 170 mags available for it. They would have to be custom made. IMO, there's no reason to mod the PPQ for the sports. I know a guy who's almost a USPSA Master with a stock PPQ 5".

The apex was more curiosity than anything. Overall I would rate it as mediocre. The pistol is really very nice and I think it will be a great shooter. I was aware that it is no longer production with the Apex, however, I would simply use the Q5 match slide on my PPQ M2 stock frame and then I am production/ssp legal again. Also, I am finally picking up my accushadow this afternoon. I doubt that the Q5 will be a better USPSA production pistol than the accushadow, although I recognize that it is not IDPA SSP legal.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So Craig, after owning the Q5 for a year, what is your opinion? Have you put an optic on it, or still running irons?

Top Bottom