• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Any one shoot this stuff? It is Monarch labeled but PPU ammo. I bought a box at Academy for shiggles and gits. It is 185 grain Semi Jacketed HP. Kind of what I was searching for. I have numerous other SD loads but I like to expand my options.

I shot 14 rounds of this stuff and it functioned perfectly. Ejected into a nice 3 foot circle. And was grouping very nice. I was very surprised at the accuracy of it. Recoil is mild and follow up shots are faster. Perfecta factory loads have quite the noticeable jump in recoil from this 185 grain load.

I am not expecting the round to mushroom and open up huge. I am expecting this round to just deform a bit and not penetrate super deep because of the lighter weight and not plus P 1200 FPS speed. I plan on making some ballistic gel and firing a few. I have pondered the though of opening up the cavity a little with a drill bit.

This ammo is not going into main SD ammo rotation but rather fill spare mags.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Found this. The test was in water. no expansion. Range ammo is what I think you have.

[video=youtube_share;VQRfPkrKbgE]http://youtu.be/VQRfPkrKbgE[/video]

Top Bottom